“Very Spacious Room”

Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel
Ranked #20 of 90 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed 3 February 2014

BEST WESTERN PREMIER is a very good hotel just located new the Airport with spacious room, high speed complimentary WiFi connection and friendly staff.

The food at the restaurant is varied with both local Ghanaian food and exotic food.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Adama C
BestWesternPremier, Assist. Sales & Marketing Manager at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Adama,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience during your stay at our hotel.

We value your feedback and appreciate your kind remarks on our very spacious room, location near the Airport, high speed complimentary WiFi connection and friendly staff.

At Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel, we pride ourselves on superior customer service and very happy that you had a good stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again during your next visit to Accra.
Thank you for choosing Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel.

Kind Regards
Frank Selase Aduadjoe
Assist. Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Nice staff, clean rooms. Free wifi. Meals were good. Good spread for breakfast. The hotel staff were really friendly and more than willing help with any inquiries, offering to organize transport.
Very happy I stayed here. The price is about average for Ghana for a hotel of this class.
Nice all round, will be staying here again when I pass through next. Thanks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Phil K
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Phil,

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

At BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, we always strive to anticipate,
meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

We invite you to join us again during your next visit to Accra.
Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PREMIER, Accra Airport Hotel.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I made a booking for two nights by internet and on arrival at the hotel I noted that I would be checking out very late (9pm flight check-in) so requested a further day. What I did not realise is that while I was there they changed the room rate and the third night was at a higher rate. I would have thought that if one books ahead and then on arrival during check-in asks for an extra night then the rate would be the same or, worst case, they would tell you at the time it would be more for the third night. No, they change the rate while you are there but don't tell you at the time (to give you a chance to move, especially as the Holiday Inn is close by and cheaper) so when you check-out you get stung for extra cost.

To be fair the corporate brand manager intervened once I had emailed him the situation but the property owner (BW is a franchise operation) refused to charge the third night at the same rate as the two previous nights.

So, my recommendation is just to avoid this hotel until they learn to mend their ways and treat customers with a little respect, especially those who hold a loyalty card and stay at BW generally, several times a year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank BlackHat7
BestWesternPremier, Senior Mrketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us your experience during your stay in our hotel in December of 2014.

We truly value your feedback as it will help us improve upon our service delivery to our cherished clients such as yourself.

We deeply regret the inconvenience caused as a result of the misunderstanding of our pricing structure.

I was very surprised at the concerns you raised about our front desk staff not communicating the change in rate to you prior to your departure.

In deed as is the norm in the industry, our Best Available Rate (BAR) changes daily or even hourly depending on in-house activities which in effect impacts on rates charged. The rate offered for your extension was the Best Available Rate during the time of your request and this accounted for the change in price. However this should have been communicated to you as stated in your comments and for this we sincerely apologize.

Once again, please accept our profound apologies for the inconvenience suffered and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you better.

Regards

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Staff is very friendly and you can see they are trying their best!

Very expensive, clean rooms and OK bedding! Needs some renovation in the rooms.

The restaurant also does not have the greatest food. No Cheese at breakfast???

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms above the "CLUB"
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
BestWesternPremier, Senior Sales and Marketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Reinart,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience during your stay at our hotel in December of 2013.

We value your feedback as it will enable us make changes where necessary and in-effect improve upon our service delivery.

We appreciate your remark on our helpful and friendly staff which we certainly will pass on to them.

The concerns raised about certain aspects of our services have been communicated to the appropriate departments for resolution.

Indeed as your satisfaction and well-being is of utmost importance to us, steps have been taken to improve upon these areas to enable us continue to deliver exceptional service to our esteemed guests' such as you.

We hope you will give us a second chance to convince you with a better service.

Regards
Fusena Habib

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We (three friends) stayed here the night before our departure from Accra back to the U.S. - to be honest, I'd tried to book us rooms at a beach hotel and found it was full, so we decided our next best option was to book as close to the airport as possible. I had very limited online access where I was staying so it was a challenge to find a room, and at first look, the price of the Best Western really turned me off - no way I could feel good about a one-night stay for their normal rates. However, when I called to enquire about availability of rooms, they were having a half-off special and I went for it, knowing it'd be a pain to keep searching.

The pros - as many have said, it is right next to the airport, and I can't tell you how awesome that is in Accra, because traffic is horrendous. They have an airport shuttle, too, which was fantastic. I thought the desk and general service was quite fine, many smiles and very helpful with local information and logistics assistance.

Off the main road, there is not too much traffic noise, at least in comparison to other locations in Accra. It's a newer and fancy-looking interior. Great bar in the lounge, and a business center where we were able to print out our boarding passes ahead of time (a HUGE help). Internet was free and an ethernet port was available in addition to wireless, so the connection I had was fast - a big deal in Accra, plus there was no additional charge for access. There is a private pool (water was COLD!) and a bar next to it, although we didn't take advantage of it.

Breakfast was included in our rate, and is served buffet style. Not my favorite food but there were many varieties of things to eat, coffee (horrible espresso, but you know, I was in Accra, so no complaints really) and eggs made to order. I thought the dining room servers were really nice, although it felt a bit oddly formal. I didn't eat other meals in the dining room, but I did order via room service and thought the food was fine (not superior, but very edible!)

The room was clean, bed comfortable, and no mosquitoes. I had a nice desk for my laptop and they provided a bottle of drinking water (SO nice), and after a long stay in a more rural area, I really enjoyed the bathtub! I agree with other reviewers that the workmanship in the bathrooms wasn't great but again, it was fine and everything worked. There were travel containers of shampoo, soap, etc. which I did appreciate.

All in all, if I needed to be close to the airport, and could book the room at a reduced rate, I'd stay there again. I'm not sure I would do so at their normal rates, though - way too expensive when I could be on the beach at a more casual but enjoyable and affordable location.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
BestWesternPremier, Sales and Marketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us your experience during your stay at The Best Western Premier Hotel in January of 2013.

Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel highly appreciates your feedback as it will assist us in improving upon our service delivery.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our facilities and services, we pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see you had a good stay and was satisfied with our service . I'll be sure to share your feedback with staff and management.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you even better when next you are in Accra by choosing Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel.

Thanks and Regards

Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

For the developing world, this is a comfortable hotel. The staff are friendly, high-speed Internet service is operational and included in the rate. Breakfast is also included, but it's a sad state of affairs; I bought some things at a supermarket not far away so I didn't have to partake of the hotel's bland, unappetizing, tired offerings.

The room was generally comfortable. Clean, bug-free. There needed to be a shower curtain; the shower head is also mounted too low for Western standards. The only way to shower without flooding the floor was to sit down or stoop in the narrow tub; uncomfortable.

The quality of craftsmanship was also poor in the bathroom - messy job sealing the area around the bathtub. Uninviting.

Towels somewhat threadbare, discolored. Sheets were thin, with many little moth holes. Sad.

This property might rate 5 stars based on local standards; I'd say it's maybe 3 stars.

Only stayed here because the Movenpick and other hotels were all booked. Next time, I'll plan to book at the Movenpick further in advance. I hear that property is the best in Accra, and fully up to Western standards.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BestWesternPremier, Sales and Marketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Diplo,
Thank you for taking the time off your busy schedule to give us this valuable feedback on your stay in our hotel in November 2013.
We deeply regret the inconveniences you suffered as a result of some service failures on our part.
I was very surprised at the concerns you raised, so I immediately set out to investigate them so that we could avoid other valued guests' experiencing similar shortfalls in their rooms. However, although neither our front desk nor guest relations had received and recorded the challenges you experienced in the room such as the lack of shower curtain, low shower head, the messy silicon works and the discolored sheets and thin sheets, we set out to inspect and rectify any such problems in any of our rooms.
Indeed, as is the norm in the industry, If these challenges were brought to our attention, the immediate and appropriate response would have been to change or upgrade your room so that you would not have had to endure these failures throughout the period of your stay.
Your feedback has been most valuable and as already stated and we have taken steps to improve on our facilities to enable us continue to deliver exceptional service to our esteemed guests' such as you.
Please let me know when you will next visit Accra again, so that I can meet you and extend some courtesies to you.
Once again, we are sincerely grateful for your feedback on your stay with us.

Thanks and Regards

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

After a lengthly wait for a transfer from the hotel there was quite a wait to get booked In on arrival. Value wise the premier room I had booked was way overpriced. But reasonable given the exorbitant pricing for accommodation in this city. The room was average,large,empty and had no warmth to it, bedding and TV options were good. Humidity of the region caused a musty smell throughout the floor. The outside dining and lounge area is a nice place to be but do not expect much when ordering a western meal. The chef is Asian and anything but an Asian meal is of below par standard. Breakfasts were mediocre and service from the staff was mostly outstanding. There is also a downstairs nightclub come bar area where I bumped into many over lubricated oil rig employees changing shift. Overall not a bad option and probably one of the better hotels in Accra.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BestWesternPremier, Sales and Marketing Executive at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your experience during recent stay with us.

Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel highly appreciates your feedback as it will assist us in putting in place further effective measures to enhance our approach to service delivery to our treasured clients.

It's our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer of our hotel and we are looking forward to another opportunity to serve you better in the future.