“New contemporary hotel, great rooms, friendly service, FREE internet.”

Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel
Ranked #20 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Mauritius
“New contemporary hotel, great rooms, friendly service, FREE internet.”
Reviewed 31 July 2010

I recently stayed for 12 nights at this hotel so certainly long enough to get a good feel for it. My first dealings with the hotel were via email and all emails were answered promptly and courteously. This is something that should be normal but in my experience it certainly was not. I contacted other hotels in Accra including the Holiday Inn and The Golden Tulip when looking around and when I did get a reply their emails did not show any interest in my bookings at all. Correspondence from the Best Western Premier actually sounded like the wanted me to come and stay.

My airport transfer was waiting for me even though my flight had been delayed three times. The driver was friendly, helped with luggage and was a courteous driver. Check in was smooth and friendly. The rooms are very nice as you would expect from a brand new hotel, modern and contemporary furnishings, flat screen TV, good quality linens, and a work desk with internet connection that never let me down once during my 12 day stay. I had heard that internet connections are unreliable in Ghana but here the connection and speed was absolutely fine.

The buffet breakfast is good with the usual selections of bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, breads, pastries, fruits and cereals etc. The hotel is still working on their restaurant menu and changed the choices a couple of times during my stay. The food quality was good with a selection of fish, chicken, beef and vegetarian dishes. I ate in the restaurant and had room service - both were good.

The hotel is new and they are still finishing off the pool bar and gym, the pool is large and very nice. You can get a good coffee in the lobby bar area and there is a small shop selling the basics.

Staff are friendly, courteous and helpful. The manger is attentive to guest needs and is available to meet with you if required.

I also booked an meeting room for 3 days, the business centre is still being finished but there are good options available for small or large group meetings.

Over all an excellent stay and I will return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Milk and Honey
Reviewed 23 July 2010

Already good and good value for money
After having stayed at the Holiday Inn during my last visit where service has become sloppy and inconsistent I decided to try the „New kid on the block“ the Best Western Accra Airport. The hotel has recently opened which could have pros and cons but at least I was sure it would be up-to-date and in good shape. I received a sincere welcome and Check-In was smooth. The rooms are nice and new as to be expected. The porter told me that there is no WLAN in the room but internet via cable and brought me one upon request. You that staff is genuinely proud of the hotel and they are very friendly but also that they are still new in the hotel and “finding their way / getting used to their new work-environment”. This does not affect the service level and they are quite responsive. I am sure this will settle in due time when the place is open a bit longer. Management is around and fine-tuning things. Food is good and the place is not –yet- crowded and I was not harassed by prostitutes like at the Golden Tulip where I had a late business meeting –because there aren’t any! if I don’t need to be in city centre this is surely the place where I’ll be next time.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 July 2010

Arrived yesterday in this hotel.
Booked pick up was not there, then has to find another way. When arriving, hotel wanted to shift me to another hotel, because they were full. I argue with the hotel and after waiting almost one hour got a room.... What a welcome!!! This hotel should remove from it's name best and premier and should be called only western hotel.
Still waiting for my towels, no laundry bag,no information book in the room..... nothing to describe the hotel, no timing about breakfast....
Is there a room service? impossible to contact anybody as no info available in the room.
Hotel is very nice and clean, no complain on this side, just the service is poor. The hotel is very good for business traveler.
Free wifi in the lobby (not available in the breakfast side), free wire internet in the room, good speed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
GMBWPAAH, Manager at Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2010
Thank you for your comment. I apologize for not fullfilling your expectations, we most definetely do not consider your experiences in our hotel to be our standard.
I have used your comment in our daily heads of department meeting to stress the importance of living up to guests expectations and I hope you will grant us the opportunity to prove to you that this was an incident and must not be seen as a standard.
Again, thank you for taking your precious time out of your busy schedule.
GM Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel