“So disappointing”

Heritage Indian Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 310 Restaurants in Accra
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Heritage is an Authentic Indian Restaurant located in Osu ,Accra. Heritage is one of oldest Indian Restaurant in Ghana serving South Indian And North Indian Food from Past 12 Years and we have private dining rooms available for family functions and Conferences.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I was so excited about this dinner, but so disappointed. I ordered delivery through hello foods and it was one hour late and they tried to extort an extra 16 Cedi when they arrived. You would think the extra hour waiting would make the meal even better, but no. The naan was not actually naan, the butter chicken was extremely oily with too much cream, overpowering the flavour. The worst was the gulab jamun which, instead of being soft and delicious, had a crust on it that could not be broken through with a spoon. I hate to think how old it was. The entire dinner went straight to the bin. Perhaps it would be better eating in - but I can't imagine it would make that much difference to the dishes I ordered. Just bad food.

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We thought the food was delicious and service out of the way but still attentive. Lentils were tastiest I've eaten. Butter chicken was reliable and very good. The curry shrimp was also a big hit. We had a half portion of lentils left that we refused to leave behind. Only challenge was finding it. Many taxi drivers didn't know it. One knew the church it is next to. Doorman saved my vacation. My phone fell out my pocket as I exited the taxi. I thought I left it in the taxi and was almost crying in agony as we trudged towards the restaurant. He kept looking around and called me back when he found it laying on the ground. Overall a great experience

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The food is excellent and the atmosphere is very nice. This is a great place for a couple or for a business lunch or dinner. If you like Indian food, this is a great choice.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Yes, Indian food in Ghana and it was good. They have vegetable samosas, tandoori chicken and naan in their menu. You can choose the level of spiciness which good for the non lover. The place is clean and modestly furnished. If you need an Indian fix in Accra, try it!

For Muslim, it is said their chicken/meats is supplied by Rainbow - the main supplier of Halal raw material in Africa.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Unfortunately I don't like Indian food but all of my colleagues that went with me said the food was excellent, even though it was very pricey. There were 4 of us and the bill was over 400 cidi's. But the atmosphere, ambiance and service were excellent