“Dont believe all the reviews”
Review of Midindi Hotel

Midindi Hotel
Ranked #21 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Johannesburg
“Dont believe all the reviews”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed at Midindi as other hotels near the airport were fully booked. I think about the only thing to be said is that the rooms were clean. The hotel is generally a badly put together local hotel, with echoing corridors, grasping staff and noise air-conditioners, in the flight path or the airport (very noisy!). At best a 1 star charging four star prices..

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Banking0nlife

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This boutique hotel in the convenient Cantonments area has become a home from home for me and my colleagues during regular visits to Accra.
The staff create a warm, friendly atmosphere in the hotel, which has spacious rooms which are due a makeover but perfectly comfortable, clean and good value. The new Executive Chef promises changes to the menu in the very pleasant restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SweetnSourKraut
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 24 August 2012

The hotel is basically tired, and although the rooms are large, there is nothing in them that makes you want to use the big room. Bedding was clean, but furniture is old and bathroom fittings are missing with holes remaining on the walls. Yes, its relatively inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. The pool area and gym looked pleasant but I did not use them. Reception was a bit musty and check-in a lot more basic than the bigger hotels. Dont expect too much for breakfast, but again if you are looking for a quick and light meal, it had the basics. Some of the accompanyments looked like they had been prepared a while ago. Staff were friendly and willing to help where possible. The generator was running 24x7 outside my room which meant keeping the windows closed. It is well located, near the airport and the only shopping mall of note.

Room Tip: Chack that the airconditioning works on cold, especially if your room faces the generator, you will...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CapeTownCobraman
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This hotel is a masterpiece for every kind of stay, be it business or holiday. To begin with large rooms, nicely designed, perfect WiFi, excellent cuisine, fast and friendly staff - always present when needed, but never intrusive... and it is too much of understatement to be showy. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Suffolk, VA
Reviewed 22 December 2011

The Midindi Hotel was an outstanding facility with the most friendliest staff to accommodate all of your needs. Our company was hosting a trade visit and had last minute problems with another hotel. We called the Midindi at recommendation of a business colleague in NYC. The ENTIRE staff from Francis Grant (owner), to Thomas (Head Accountant/General Mgr), Sammi (Executive Chef) and everyone else met the needs of our 13 person group at the last minute. Rooms were comfortable, food was OUTSTANDING! Even had our own personalized luncheon for 2 days arranged by Chef Sammi. Meeting rooms great for events up to 50 people. For the cost you can't go wrong with this hotel. Oh, must mention the security staff and driver, Francis! They all made our group feel safe and took us where we need to go. I really felt as those I had arrived "home" on my first trip to Ghana.

Room Tip: Close to the airport, U.S. Embassy and Accra-Tema Motorway; Might be good idea to take own bath clot...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheppie2
Centurion, South Africa
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Maybe I have high expectations from my hotels, I am not too sure. We stayed at this hotel because the other hotel we were staying at was way too far away from where we wanted to be.

The Outside of the Hotel looks great, however for me, when I went inside it changed. The Rooms are large, in fact that would be an understatement, the Rooms are Huge, I had my own large walk in closet, with a Bathroom that could have easily had 4 baths in it with only a little squeeze, but the rooms could do with a little makeover, they are pretty old.

Breakfast was not great, in fact when we got to breakfast, the "Buffet" had only dregs of food left, and while we were the for 30 minutes, I did not see anyone filling up the platters, and there were probably only 6 or so people having breakfast.
We were going to have dinner, but there was no-one, and i do mean no-one in the restaurant when we were there so while i cannot say how good it was, it did not look too appetizing.
When I asked the lady behind the counter about restaurants close by, she did not seem to know anything.

All in all, I am glad I was only there for a single night, I don't think I would have enjoyed staying another night.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Martin W
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I was at the Midindi in January 2011 and went back in November. I just love this place. The environment, food, people and rooms are the best for the price.
Since the last time I was there, they have added a Full Buffett for Breakfast which is included with the meal.
The High Speed internet was at about 5meg download, which allowed me the bandwidth to skype my wife back in the USA.
I have a multiple entry visa and will be staying here everytime I go to Ghana.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites, it includes a whirlpool tub.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business