“Accidental stay turned delightful”

Mirage Royale Hotel
Mirage Royale Hotel
Ranked #103 of 273 Accra B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The plane carrying me from Nigeria through Accra broke down in Accra and the airline put us up in various hotels, including the Mirage Royale. It was midnight, we were frustrated and tired, and we found out upon arrival that we had to "share rooms" as the property was too small to accommodate such a large group. In whisked General Manager Ginette Symenouh who encouraged us to view the accommodations, which turned out to be extremely large apartment/condominium/timeshare set-ups that were very clean, comfortable and made what could have been an awkward situation quite pleasant. She called in their new French chef who whipped up fried chicken and french fries and opened the bar to us (again, it was after midnight). The next day, the hotel served breakfast, lunch and an early dinner before we departed for the airport. During this whole time, Ginette was ever-present, always smiling and asking us how she could make the stay more pleasant. If you stay at the Mirage, be sure to introduce yourself to Ginette - she is truly delightful and gem in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Holly B
GinetteChristelle, General Manager at Mirage Royale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Holly, Thank you very much for your review. We are more than happy to go the extra mile for our customers. You are the reason why we exist. Hope that you will visit us again very soon. warmest regards, from the entire staff.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

after reading all those good comments we booked for 5 nights in a executive room .The room was clean and big ,clean bathroom and good bed , staff was helpfull
but ,the furniture was very dammaged , the ac leaked so that in a morning half of the floor was wet ,breakfast was very poor ,even not real coffee, the pool was not clean as the filtering system was out , even the juccuzi was not working
in the restaurant half of the menu was not available
one evening they had no roomkeys anymore so that they have to open the doors with the masterkey
when checking out the bill made by the computer was wrong and had to be adapted
we will not go there anymore , the rate is too high for such an hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
KathrynSlev, General Manager at Mirage Royale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

We thank you for choosing Mirage Royale Hotel during your stay in Ghana. The management and Staff of our Hotel take our reviewers comments seriously and look into all issues when raised. Our hotel has a very high maintenance culture but sometimes we are helpless when they are beyond our control. We apologise for the water leakage from the air conditioner in your room and the bedside table that was pealing at the bottom has been repaired. The pool engine and filter have also been fixed. We are soirry that you did not enjoy your stay with us and would like to let you know that you are teh reason why we are here so your commenst and suggestions are of utmost importance to us. We do not want you to stay wit this impression so will appreciate if you can contact us at reservations@mirageroyalehotel.com. Regards

Reviewed 22 August 2012

I lodged at Mirage Royale Hotel for for 2 nights on a business trip
it was recommended to me by a client and i was not disappointed at all.

The location of the hotel makes it very convenient to move around the city
The staff is very pleasant, and helpful.

The hotel rooms are clean and very modern.nicely
decorated and above all the bed is really comfortable ( it was in an ambassadorial room)

all request were quickly attended to and sorted out.
i will always recommend Mirage royale hotel to whoever comes to Ghana

my stay was overwhelming and i simply loved it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2012

i stayed at mirage royale hotel for 4 days and it was a nice
experience. A trusted friend had recommended it to me,so i knew it was
going to be a nice place to stay.
My friend met me at the airport and about 10 minutes drive, we got to
the hotel.
A very modern boutique hotel situated in a serene environment which i
later got to know was a place called East Legon.

At mirage royale,we met a very friendly and smart looking front desk
staff. my room,which was a mirage suite was so beautiful and cozy and
above all very neat.

During my 4 days stay, i only ate at their restaurant twice,but was very
pleased with each meal.
Their food and drink are of very high standard and i felt my every need
was catered for.

All the staff members i came in contact with were friendly and very
attentive. not far away from the hotel is the A&C shopping mall,which
made my shopping needs very convenient.

This had been my second stay in Accra though i stayed with a friend the
first time i was in Ghana.
but with what i've experienced at mirage royale hotel,i can confidently
say i have a home in Ghana.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2012

i stayed here for 3 days.and i must say, it was the best experience i ever had.everything was on point.situated in a hide-out where you have your peace.a serene atmosphere with a great customer service team.i must say,it was my best ever stay in a hotel.personally,i didnt face any challenges and i bet will surely lodge there any time i am in town

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This property was quite impressive for the one night that I stayed. The grounds were well laid out with a great looking pool and the restaurant that overlooks the pool has floor to ceiling glass walls that give a good view of the whole property. One seems these on the way to the room so one is given a :"good feeling". The room does not disappoint....comfortable, spacious with huge bed and good bathroom. Definitely a comfortable one night's stay.

Breakfast could be better. Toast was cold. Coffee was nice though.

I do not know if I will choose to stay here again...but I was definitely not disappointed with my one night stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stayed here for one week for business. The shower head in my room was mounted only about a foot and half off the ground and it did not stay in the holder, so you had to hold it the entire time while showering. There was also no conveniently located soap tray. I'm not sure why they would ever have set up a shower like this, but I notified management and they assured me it would be taken care of. When the plumber failed to come due to a staff mix up, the manager, Ginette, upgraded me to a better room for the rest of my stay, which I appreciated.

The new room was worth the value of what I was paying ($230/night), although I felt that the initial room was overpriced for what you got. It was a basic room with no special amenities, and they did not even provide complimentary bottles of water each day.

We wanted to settle our bill the night before check out since we were leaving early the next morning. Their credit card machine was not working, but the woman behind the desk insisted on blaming us for not informing our banks we were in Ghana. She then wanted us to walk out to an ATM at 10pm at night to withdraw what was over $2,000 to settle the bill. Thankfully another employee, Justice, recognized that the machine was down and was able to fix it.

The man who checked us in also lost my $20 deposit for a plug adapter and then claimed I never gave it to him. Their system of collecting these deposits is to place them in a folded piece of paper and then throw them loose into a drawer with lots of other stuff, so no wonder it got lost. Thankfully, again Justice took control of the situation and returned my deposit for me.

Given the price of this hotel and the haphazard nature of its services, I would almost certainly NOT stay here again unless they reduce their pricing or make improvements. For about $120/night, the original room I had (priced at $230/night) would have been fine value. At its actual price, though, I expect much more. The hotel should definitely also make sure to give Justice a nice raise, since he made the haphazard nature of our stay somewhat redeeming.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business