“A unique and pleasant surprise”
Review of Villa Monticello

Villa Monticello
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Accra, Ghana
“A unique and pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I stayed at the Villa Monticello on a friend's recommendation.
To be perfectly honest, i'd never heard of the hotel. ( this was shortly after they opened)
But i trusted her judgement and went ahead.
I have to say i was simply and utterly blown away by how unique and delightful this hotel was.
Its is a small boutique hotel where the true joy is in the details. The room decorations is amazing.. each room having a theme, from morocco to coco chanel to lake cuomo. And they are all lush. The staff is well trained, polite, helpful and professional, as is Valeria, who runs the in hotel spa.
I cannot say enough good things about the place. Just that it is well worth the sticker price.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Fiona A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Their tagline says it all ! I had seen all the pictures and now it was time to visit the Villa Monticello in Accra and I was not disappointed . From the moment you enter the hotel , you are made to feel welcome . The decor in the lobby is opulent and I could not help but crane my neck to have a peek at the bar and dinning area , whilst I was being checked in . This did not go unnoticed , so Charles (the Manager) offered to give me a tour.
The pool looked inviting and I was ready to dive in , but that had to wait as there was more of the hotel I had not seen . Next stop the Spa , met the Spa Manager Valeria and I had to book myself in for a facial (it was well worth it , I might move to Accra just for that - I had the 4 layer facial) . I stayed in the Aqua Verde Suite and it was even better than in the pictures . Everything was perfect , plump pillows , Egyptian cotton linen , an ipod dock ( I could play my music :-) ) and everything else to make me feel at home and I did feel at home . I stayed for 5 nights and it was a pleasure . The dining was exquisite and I could have been eating anywhere in the world . The quality and ambience goes without saying , but what truly stood out for me , is the establishment and staffs' attention to detail . Before you ask it is done , be it the impromptu tour by Charles or filling up my glass while I lounged by the pool or remembering what I ordered for breakfast the day before . I can't wait for my next trip and that has got me thinking , which suite should I stay in Marrakech or Coco Chanel .....

Room Tip: Definitely book in to see Valeria and the girls , best Spa treatments in Accra . And splurge on the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Kuukua73
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My 5 days at Villa Monticello were immensely pleasurable. I haven't been able to stop raving about the decor, the suites and the staff. Everyone was lovely and made me feel right at home. My suite 'Last Emperor' was done in red and black!! It was stunning and extremely comfortable.
The wireless internet was free and the fastest I've ever used in Accra. Food is excellent and I will definitely recommend this to everyone.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank saleemluvs2travel
Accra
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I was completely blown away by how beautiful and elegant the hotel was. As a huge fan of privacy and exclusivity this was right up my alley. The concept of themed suites is absolute genius and I was spoilt for choice. The staff were very warm and friendly and the food was world class. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. It just felt like home!!!

Room Tip: The Coco Chanel suite is divine!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Sally J
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I spent 5 days in Villa Monticello and it was a fantastic experience. I was looking for a cozy, comfortable and professional environment and my expectations were all met. The hotel had recently opened when I stayed - so a few glitches that were to be expected for any new hotel - but my stay was still one of the best ( and I am a very seasoned traveller!!!) The pictures give justice to a truly beautiful hotel - and the Aqua di Parma toiletries don't hurt either!

Room Tip: I love Londolozi
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Alisandru
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I have traveled to 125 countries, several in Africa, and the Villa Monticello is the finest hotel in the group. It is brand new with modern appurtenances, an attentive staff and limited (18) rooms each of which are uniquely decorated. The bathrooms are beautiful and the hotel is secure and very quiet. The Monticello works with The Koncierge which is a multi-faceted service that will arrange customized tours as well as airport transfers. The tour guides are kind, knowledgeable and extremely accommodating and the drivers know the roads and traffic patterns (which are horrible). There is not that much to see in and around Accra, so try to make time for a day tour to Lome, Togo which is a 3 hour drive from Accra. My only minor complaint is that the breakfast buffet was lacking - only fruit and cereal - certainly not enough to see you through a busy day.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Nicebody
Atlanta
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I had picked this hotel over Movenpick and wasn't disappointed in the least bit! At first I thought it was a little pricey, but after checking in, I realized every dollar was well spent with no regret. My stay lasted 6 nights. There was a chauffeured car to pick us up from the airport and upon arrival at the premises, someone was waiting to greet us at the door...even the hotel manager came to us at dinner to introduce himself and welcome us personally. The room was immaculately clean, and she sheets were top quality ( trust me, I know haha). Also, when it was time to check out, the process was seamless and there was a car waiting for us at 4 A.M to catch our 6 A.M flight. Their attention to detail on every level was what I really appreciated. My desire is that they keep the standard of quality because I hope to make Villa Montecello my regular hotel in Ghana whenever I visit.

Room Tip: Because it is a small hotel, make sure you have all you need before 1 a.m...most of the staff will n...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple