“Good but very expensive”

Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The Movenpick Ambassador is clean, modern and well-run hotel with great facilities - everything you need for a positive and problem-free stay in a good location in Accra. Food is excellent and service staff are helpful,

However, at these prices even a really good hotel like this can't be said to be good value - a lack of real competition in Accra means that Movenpick feels it is ok to blatantly gouge you for money at every opportunity, which leaves a really bad taste even if you are staying on business and not spending your own money.

Such tactics have now deterred me from staying with Movenpick both in Accra and elsewhere, and undermine the good work of the hotel staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank voehn
Nadja M, Rooms Division Manager at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Mr. Voehn

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking your time to share your feedback. We am glad you enjoyed our services and our facilities but regretfully we acknowledged that you had a negative impression of our pricing system though well communicated such as check-in and check-out timings.

Once again, it would be regretful if for this reason you choose not to stay in our hotel anymore. We do hope that you might change your mind and would be very happy to welcome you back one day.

There are newer reviews for Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My husband was long staying guest in this hotel
And I came over for 2 weeks to visit.
I have been many times to Accra and must say this is the best hotel
I have stayed so far. Rooms are spaciously, fully equipped and clean.
Lobby is nice, great pool with beautiful green garden, comfortable sunbeds etc.
Food is delicious, breakfast with wide choice, lunch and evening buffet is really good,
big choice of everything you might wish for.
Beside this the nicest part of this hotel are their employee’s.
Staff is more than friendly, nice and very helpful, starts with bellboys, front desk,
lobby bar girls and goes all the way to restaurant.
Also very useful is the adjacent pharmacy in the hotel-building and a nice deli coffee shop with fresh made sandwiches.
Special thanks to Belinda, Monica, Ruth, Eric, William and guest Lady`s.
Thank you all for remembering my husband B-day and making it special.
Management didn’t forget it either so thanks for room service surprise cake. We enjoyed it very much.
Looking forward to come again in the future, keeps going strong.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Cackoo
Nadja M, Rooms Division Manager at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Madam

Thank you very much for your review and your feedback. Please rest assured that I will pass your compliments to the team and it would be a pleasure to have you soon back, here in your home in Accra.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Flew into Accra with a Movenpick exec. He asked me where I was staying. My answer; Where they put me, usually the most expensive, not always the best. That morning we met, accidentally, for breakfast on the executive floor of the Ambasador along with the hotel manager.
I had four rooms for staff and used conference facilities continually, putting a huge strain on staff. I had dozens of guests.

To any other hotel I would have been a nightmare guest.

Food on the executive floor is "too healthy." Let me get that out there. The espresso machine is a wonder, great champagne on ice 24/7. Staff is unbelievable. Security is excellent.
Hotel staff were a huge asset. Within an hour, all knew our names. Food downstairs is a running buffet, good selection, moderate quality, some things like eggs overcooked but very good none the less. Extremely convenient. Meals on exec floor a bit sparce but they will bring anything you want. This is a great work location though "VIP."
Hotel guests themselves were a good lot, social and outgoing. This really matters.
Room was excellent. Televison ok. Bath/shower are excellent, huge showers. Rooms aren't sparce but, frankly, who needs an enormous room when you have so much else right outside your door.

1  Thank gpduf

Dear Sir

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your time to complete this review.
Indeed, it was a pleasure to have you with us and also to talk to you in the Executive Club Lounge.

We are looking forward to your next visit and I remain with

best regards

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights while in town for business. I appreciated the space and the reliability of the hotel but if I were to visit again I would look for something with a bit more value for the money. Room was fine and food was really very good but I was disappointed with how hard they worked to take my money. Even though I discussed a late checkout with them when I checked in they insisted on charging me a half a day when i checked out at the pre-negotiated time of 5 pm. Considering I paid for 2 1/2 nights when I was at the hotel for 36 hours this did not feel right (checked in at 7 am and paid for the night before as well)

2  Thank BerkBill
Nadja M, Rooms Division Manager at Movenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear BerkBill

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travellers.

Though you said you might choose a different hotel for your next stay due to the late check-out charges, we sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The relatively new Moevenpick is centrally located on a large plot. The pool is substantial and nice, as is the lobby, the buffet for lunch and dinner. Rooms are well appointed and the bar is very nice, whereas the gym is barely OK with limited equipment and a bit small.

1  Thank nairobijohn

Dear Mr. NairobiJohn

Thank you for your stay and for your time taken to write this review. It was a pleasure having you with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back one day.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I think this is the best hotel in Accra. It is new, rooms are nice and modern. Breakfast is excellent. The service is acceptable. I am glad that Accra now has such a comfortable and attractive hotel. WiFi works great.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andrey_G

Dear Mr. Andrey

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found your new home away from home in Accra.
Thank you for your compliments! We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Beautiful hotel with an amazing pool. We simply loved it!! The room and bathroom were perfectly clean. And the decorotion quite original. We really enjoyed our stay there. It's a lovely place for weddings too or other events.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MTL51446

Dear Guest

Thank you for your compliments and your stay with us. Please rest assured that I will share it with all team members. Once again, thank you and we are looking forward to welcome you back.