“STYLISH QUIET HIDEAWAY PERFECT PLACE TO RELAX!!!”
Review of The Aknac Hotel

The Aknac Hotel
Ranked #9 of 245 Accra B&B and Inns
Boa Vista, Cape Verde
“STYLISH QUIET HIDEAWAY PERFECT PLACE TO RELAX!!!”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Hotel booked based on a recommendation from a friend and an absolutely wonderful decision to come. The staff are so welcoming and provide guests with a wonderful service. The food was just superb, although simple the room was very comfortable and I had everything I needed. Excellent value for money and ideal if you want to be away for the hectic nature of the city but close enough that it a short car ride away. The only negative point is that the gym needs more equipment. The staff told me they plan to do so and will also be opening a tennis court soon.

I will definitely recommend this hotel to others

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank veronica t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Newhaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Hotel picked out by chance, and what a good chance. From arrival one felt the welcome from all the staff as very genuine. Alright there are one or two things that could do with improvement but tell me where there isn't. I came heree to relax and that if exactly what I have been able to do.I did note that the unfavourable comments where all early on in the hotels history and the complaints obviously aked to heart and corrected

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
12 Thank Frederick A
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviewed 22 December 2012

My wife and I loved our stay here! from the welcoming environment to the great food at the hotel restaurant, we have no serious complaints. The staff was very friendly and courteous, and really gave their best. The same quality and quantity of service as some of the other quality hotels in the Accra area, but at a much more reasonable price. We will definitely be coming back the next time we are in Ghana!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

9 Thank Thomas S
Hoersholm, Denmark
Reviewed 16 December 2012

While not as posh as the Mövenpick and the Labadi Beach, this hotel is very pleasant at a reasonable price. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the place clean, the atmosphere stylish, yet relaxed, and the food the best I’ve had in Ghana. However… every night I smashed mosquitoes (the Malaria risk in Ghana is lethal) in my room despite having the AC on and not opening any windows and doors. When I mentioned this to the personnel they immediately sprayed the room, but did not do anything about the small cracks around the window frame that I discovered. My stay was scheduled for 8 days, but because of the mosquitoes I left after only 3 days. I mentioned the problem to the manger of the hotel. Everybody apologized, but I did not get as much as a penny in rebate and ended up paying for the entire 8 days. Sad, so close to be my preferred place, and yet I will never return to stay for the night.

Room Tip: Check for cracks around windows and other mosquitos signs.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Uffeat
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Hi , I have been comming to Ghana for almost 14 years there are not many hotels I have not stayed in, I first stayed in the Aknac for the first time a few months ago and long weekend to check out the Hotel I ended up staying over two month's. I am back in Ghana again and will only stay at the Aknac from now on , I do recomend this place to everyone who visit's here. Not only for the staff who unbelieveable they really do aim to please . The chef will make any dish you request, I suggested a larger range of weights in the fitness room. it was taken care off, I prefer this place over all over hotels for the Location, its quiet and pollution free unlike the city.However the motorway and the city are a few mins away by car, Have a good day.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank paulhansford561
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 25 November 2012

At first i was hesitant about booking a room here. But after my first day, I had no regrets. The hotel is very modern, quiet, clean, secure with ample staff. The front desk staff was a very beautiful young lady who was a wonderful help. The food was tasteful, the room includes a Full breakfast buffett. The Wifi was fast enough that i was able to call back to my office in the USA with VOIP. I clocked some downloads at 3meg and 1meg upload. During peak times it was slower.
I had the junior suite which could easily handle 3 adults. The Junior suite includes a couch and a chair. The balcony was facing the pool. I enjoyed myself so much that i extended my stay.
This hotel is located in the affluent neighborhood of Accra.

Cons: far from Downtown 30 minute drive, Had a small water leak from the bathroom sink. Told the manager about it but it was never fix. The TV channels had no CNN or Aljeerza, which was a first for me in Africa. No news channels from the USA.
The elevator Was not in service, i was on the 3 floor. There were workers, to carry your luggage.

Overall when I return to Ghana, I will stay there again. I plan to bring a group of tourist from the USA next year.
The workers here seem very happy which is a testament of the ownership. My actual rating is 4.5 stars.

Room Tip: Pick a top floor. Hotels.com had a great deal, stay 3 nights and the 4th one is free.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank 1037thebeat
London
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I stayed several weeks for business and the service excellent. The breakfast offers a wide variety of options, and the coffee is the best (And I do know my coffee). Service at breakfast could be better especially with the waiting time.
The rooms manager and the food and beverage manager are continuously supervising the quality of the service. Was able to get a majority of my requests completed on time.

With regards to my experiences of hotels in West Africa (stayed in Sierra Leone and Nigeria-Lagos), I believe The Aknac has the potential to be one of the best modern hotel in Accra Ghana, once the "teething" problems are sorted. For example the Lifts was not working (had to rely on aids to help in taking my shopping to my room which often resulted in Tips) nothing wrong with giving I guess.

Being a avid cook myself, Interestingly I was able to order off the menu in the restaurant with the chef able to prepare a modified version of the list of the food provided. The staff made me feel at home, with some of my weird but "necessary" request like food by the pool side and constant supply of water in my bedroom.

This is a real 4.9 ;) star hotel in Accra.

I would recommend it to even Obama !!

Room Tip: Get a Room with a pool view, you might get more than you bargained for ;)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business