“Excellent and Relaxed hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Aknac Hotel

The Aknac Hotel
Ranked #9 of 225 Accra B&B and Inns
Accra, Ghana
“Excellent and Relaxed hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This place was just what I needed after a highly stressful business trip. As a female travelling alone, it was reassuring to have nice welcoming staff that made me feel safe and comfortable during my stay. Food was tasty and served quickly. My room was pleasantly designed and I would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Simone P
TheAknacHotel, Front Office Manager at The Aknac Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Simone P,

Thank you for posting your review. We are so pleased that you had a comfortable and enjoyable with us.

We wish you all the best and hope that we may welcome you again.

Mary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

This is my second visit to Accra and my first time of visiting The Aknac Hotel. The rooms are spacious and tastefully designed with good quality bed dings and furniture. Wifi was consistently good throughout my one weeks stay which was imperative to our stay. The lobby area was relaxed and calm with comfortable seating areas along with jazz music/candles adding to the ambience.
Breakfast was pleasant with a choice of hot and cold items and the restaurant served excellent food within good time.
The only minor downside was the noise from a private function held at the poolside on Saturday night but the music stopped around 11pm much to our relief.
All in all, a very welcoming, pleasant, comfortable and well run hotel that I would highly recommend and be delighted to return to.

Room Tip: We stayed in suite 102
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael H
TheAknacHotel, Front Office Manager at The Aknac Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Michael H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your lovely comments. We are appreciative that you chose The Aknac Hotel for your stay in Accra and are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us.
We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any disturbance from the private function held.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the future and we wish you all the best.

Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.Nice breakfast served every morning.Beautiful environment.High point was however the extremely wonderful staff. It is however a little far from central Accra. I would recommend this hotel more for a private trip than for business due to its distance from central accra.

3 Thank Nkem_Michael
Dear nkem_michael,

Thank you for taking the time to post your trip advisor review. We are most appreciative of the comments made and delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We wish you all the best in the future and hope to welcome you back some time in the near future.

With kindest regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you want a unique hotel with character that has good service, nice food and friendly staff then this is the place for you. I came to the hotel on business following a recommendation from a colleague. It is in a nice residential area and although there is not much around in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, the bars/ restaurants are a short drive away. I felt safe within the hotel and my room was spacious with good working space and nicely furnished.
Staff are very willing to help and customer service is exceptional, especially for west africa.

1 Thank Patricia A
Dear Patricia A,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we are most appreciative of the positive feedback provided.
We are delighted to have been recommended by your colleague and even happier to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for choosing The Aknac Hotel and we hope to welcome you back some time in the future.

Wishing you all the best for the future.

Oxford, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I read many reviews from Trip advisor before booking, and I agree with most comments, but it cannot be regarded as a 300USD a night hotel I have stayed in a few in Accra and this hotel is not that good at all.

It is value for money and you will not be disappointed if you are looking for an airport hotel, it is remote, I stayed for 2 nights and would not want to stay longer, it is a long way from anything, but was perfect for the last two days of a busy trip before I flew back to UK, a nice place to chill out.

I was advised to get a room with a pool view and it was good..............the pool is no good if you are not a good swimmer it has no shallow end, which is a big design fault................there is a baby kiddie pool or the deep end, nothing in between, be warned!!

Room Tip: get a pool view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Charles L
Dear Charles L,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we appreciate the feedback and positive comments.

In response to your comments on the swimming pool, we have three pools; 2 of which are geared towards non swimmers (2ft and 3ft) and a large pool which has shallow end along with a deep end which is 6ft. We apologise if you encountered any difficulties as the pool has been designed for all to enjoy.

With regards to our location, we are located in a residential area, however the hustle and bustle of Accra's busy life is a short drive away and we are happy to assist guests with taxi's.

Once again, many thanks for visiting The Aknac Hotel and we hope to see you again.

With kindest regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks,the staff made me feel very at home with a pleasant and friendly manner. Very comfortable, the atmosphere was amazing with the decor. at times i didn't wont to leave for my daily excursion and appointments i had in Accra.
Food was marvelous and the senior managers very charming and delightful.

I found the hotel so relaxing, in the evenings i came apart of the furniture lounging at the bar most days.
Would love to go back!

Room Tip: I recommend room 213
2 Thank Neil H
Dear Neil H,

It was lovely to have you stay with us for those 2 weeks. The staff thoroughly enjoyed your company during the evenings and we thank you for the positive comments.

Wishing you all the very best with your business ventures!

Essex UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

As the taxi driver drove off the motorway onto a dusty road I thought oops I must have made a mistake ... Until he turned right and into the Aknac Hotel. This I'd the most opulent hotel I have stayed in Africa hats off to the owners he has put her mark on this hotel very stylish

Food I would give 10/10 fantastic flavours and made to your specification

Service 9/10 great customer service only have 9 because I ordered food at 10.30pm and didn't get it until12 but shows they made the good from scratch rather than warmed up

Atmosphere 10/10 relaxing atmosphere where you could do business

Location 8/10 yes outside Accra city centre but is literally 15 min cab ride into the hustle and bustle

I spent a day in the Golden Tulip during my stay and Aknac in my opinion beat it on all fronts

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Gbenga7
Dear Gbenga,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is greatly appreciative and we are delighted to hear the positive comments.

We thank you for visiting us and hope to welcome you back in the future.