“Fun!!”
Review of Marvels

Marvels
Ranked #2 of 4 Fun & Games in Accra
Reviewed 2 November 2012

This was our first time visiting Marvels. My sister and I took my children. The kids had a great time.Great place to have birthday parties or take the family out.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

more fun when you visit with a group of friends. great for, great ambience quality crowd. I have also been to a couple of events which have been great as well.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

My son was invited to a birthday party here and all the children had a good time. There is a small bar where you can buy the usual stuff - drinks, lollies etc. The food the kids had was typical fast food but looked nice enough. My only criticism is that there is no shade on the golf course and it gets VERY hot here. No problems finding it for me as I live within walking distance!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I think a sweet idea such as marvels would be better placed near a traditional tourist spot so they can get more business. Because of where it is you sometimes forget to go there because the location is a bit hidden. It is a gem 'of a place'. Lots of fun and ice cream. I hope it will continue to do well. They may want to come down a bit on the price of rentals for parties but for an afternoon out with friends it is fun and priced well.

2  Thank staceyq2010
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I found out that Accra had a mini-golf complex, and the location, almost by accident, but Marvels lives up to it's name - it is the development of complexes like this for Accra's middle & upper class that will cut through the notion of Accra as being a typical African urban sprawl, into something special & cosmopolitan.

Marvels is relatively easy to find - if you are on the new (and deservedly-titled) George W. Bush Motorway heading from Tetteh Quarshie Circle to Achimota Interchange, take the turn into Dzorwulu (left) / Christian Village (right) ramp that is the exit ramp on the right side of the road, but head towards Dzorwulu. Drive around 300m from exiting this interchange, and turn left at the first traffic light onto Forest Avenue. Marvels is around 300m down the road on the right.

Marvels has a neat little air-conditioned snack bar that sells hot dogs, waffles, coffees, and burgers. Don't expect the restaurant from the Waldorf - it is clearly aimed as a place for families & visitors to have a snack that is easy to prepare - but it is quite professional for what it is, and the equal of what you might find at this kind of place in a western country.

Games of golf are 8ghc per game, which is only about $4.50us, which includes putter & ball. The difficulty level of the 18 holes range from relatively easy at first, to challenging, even for a semi-experienced golfer like myself. Even with putting normally being a strength of my game on a regular golf course, I only got one hole-in-one at Marvels in my first game.

Some of the holes include tubes that you have to hit the ball down to get to the hole, a challenging figure 8, bricks & artificial mound constructions, and even gravel-traps. The duration of the game that I enjoyed with my fiancee was just over an hour, then we sat down and had a drink.

This is all set in a lovely garden with a water feature, and visitors who are resting or not playing can sit on a sheltered patio by the building and enjoy a drink. The main building also has a couple of hi-def TVs with DSTV to watch while you chill out before or after a game.

Marvels also does functions, as the day before we went, they held a birthday party, so it's a great place to consider for that kind of thing if you are in Accra.

9  Thank PietroMorrizio