“Not so bad, but not for sleeping.”
Review of LUXE Suites

LUXE Suites
Ranked #52 of 273 Accra B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel is ok, reception staff very friendly, and the owner as well (although he is not very privacy respecting). Room pretty neat. Having said this, the hotel is basically in the middle of nowhere and the Chinese restaurant next door is quite expensive (for Accra). Breakfast is basic and quite lame. Worst thing is the doors which are ridiculously noisy and seem to slam EVERY SINGLE TIME. It is impossible to sleep after any of the other guests has waken up. Add to this that the staff of the hotel starts to make noise early and draw your conclusions. Quite a pity because the hotel, being remote, could actually be a nice quiet change for African capitals.One last thing: do not use the taxis they call (there are no taxis passing in front of the remote street) as they ll rip you off (or try to). Get in touch with your own taxi driver and call him to pick you up. Then, if needed, let the personnel negotiate the price if that does not satisfy you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank bau

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I just spent 5 nights at the Luxe Suites and I have to admit it was difficult to leave. This was my first trip to Ghana and I literally fell in love with the staff at this hotel. They were so accommodating and went to great lengths to ensure that my friends and I were happy. The food was terrific, the rooms were more than comfortable, the location and security were phenomenal, and again, the staff made us feel as though we were family. When I return to Ghana (which I hope to soon), I will not even consider staying anywhere else. Thank you, Quami, Correta and the entire Luxe staff for a wonderful stay. TPL

Room Tip: My friends and I stayed in the two bedroom apartment in the rear of the property (across the courtya...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Thomas L
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I were in Accra for a conference in June and were lucky enough to stay at the Luxe Suites. We found it online, searching for hotels near the Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons. We booked the Presidential Suite through Expedia for what we thought was a fair price, and it truly was a great value. The hotel offers a shuttle to and from the airport. As it turns out, we were greeted at the airport by Kwame, the hotel's owner, who brought us to the hotel (and also got up very early in the morning to take us back when we left)!
Our room was huge. The bed was quite comfortable and the air conditioning very effective. The bathroom was a nice size with a large shower. The hot water heater takes some getting used to as far as timing, but once you figure out the system it works just fine. Plenty of hot water. Room was thoroughly cleaned every day.
Breakfast was included and was served in a small conference room off the main lobby. It wasn't fancy, but it was perfectly adequate and tasty.
The staff went out of their way to be attentive and thoughtful. There were a few minor glitches (nothing even worth noting) but they bent over backwards to address any issues and always went above and beyond when they could.
One word of caution: be wary of the taxi drivers who may try to overcharge you. Kwame (the owner) told us it should cost about 5 cedi each way to the conference center (about $2.50 each way). We have been in Ghana before and thought this was accurate. However, the taxi driver who came to the hotel attempted to charge us an outrageous amount of money -- 50 cedi EACH WAY (his name was Manford -- watch out for him). Lucky for us, we knew better and refused. We complained to the front desk about it (because they arranged for the taxi) and they seemed as shocked as we were and assured us they would speak to the driver.
One of the best things about this hotel is the restaurant right next door. It is a fabulous Asian restaurant (also owned by Kwame). Food was great and very reasonably priced. We ate dinner there every night! Kwame is also opening up a sports bar/continental restaurant adjoining the existing restaurant. Good move -- and I'm sure it will be just as great.
Kudos to Kwame: he owns several hotels in the area and we were impressed by his dedication to service and attention to detail. This man knows how to run a good business, and really cares about his customers and his reputation.
Bottom line: Luxe Suites is a great value. Good location. Comfortable, spacious rooms. An owner who really cares about customer service and will listen (and incorporate) your feedback. We will absolutely stay there when we return to Accra next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank pibber
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The hotel seemed like it hasn't been updated since the 50's. it looks nothing like the online photos! The room was pretty clean and had running water, and a/c.
They took my credit card for a deposit but insisted on a cash payment. They offered breakfast but we were eager to hit the road. Over all it's ok for Ghana but there is probably nicer places for the price.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
LUXEGroupAccra, Owner at LUXE Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Hello,

Thank You for staying at LUXE Suites. I am surprised that you felt the rooms were represented incorrectly on the internet. All of the pictures were taken at our hotel and are exact photos of our Executive rooms. There are no pictures on the internet that are not real photos of our hotel and it is a disappointment to hear someone is claiming that. We have not misrepresented our hotel in anyway, and we firmly refute that claim. Our hotel is less than two years old so unless it is the style of the rooms that is causing you to compare it to the 1950's then I also disagree with that. I chose the design myself, as an owner under 30 years old, I am pretty sure that is untrue. All of our rooms have furniture less than 2 years old, and Flat Screen televisions. Our hotel is among the most competitively priced hotels in the Cantonments area, but I am sure you can find cheaper hotels in Accra, but not in our area. We Thank You again for staying with us and hope you enjoyed your stay in Ghana.

Coretta A. Owusu
Executive Director, LUXE Group
JD Candidate, University of Pennsylvania Law School '14

Reviewed 11 September 2012

We stayed at LUXE suites for our very last night in Ghana, and it did not disappoint. After staying in budget hotels for the past month we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and size of the room we got. We were also very happy to see that the room had air conditioning, hot water, and free wifi. Not only was the room great, but the staff was very helpful and friendly. They went above and beyond their duties, and were very accommodating. They allowed us a late checkout at no extra cost and also allowed us to keep our heavy luggage locked up while we spent the day in Accra waiting for our evening flight. We appreciated everything they did for us and would recommend this hotel to our friends and anyone staying in Accra.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Whitney B
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I stayed at Luxe Suites for a week during my stay in Accra, and I would definitely recommend this hotel as a wonderful place to stay. The rooms were beautiful and spacious and VERY clean. The service was excellent and the entire staff very accomodating. The complimentary breakfast every morning was also very good. The hotel itself is in a fairly quiet area, which was really nice, but it was also very easy to catch a cab from outside the hotel to get pretty much anywhere in a reasonable amount of time (airport, mall, city center, etc). The manager was also very kind and allowed us to stay in our room past the checkout time as I had a late flight out of Accra. I definitely plan to stay there again on all my future trips to Accra.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This is the most awful hotel I've ever stayed. They gave the room, but did not mention they have construction of the building. So they give the rooms only on the first floor. First of all it seems that the walls are made from rice paper. Every sound is like in your room. For the double room they give only one breakfast, for the second person you must pay additional fee. First night we came back to the hotel quite late went to bed and suddenly found out that it's impossible to turn off the light, they gave us another room and we were to move all our belongings by ourselves, the duty reseptionist just looked at us and enjoyed the show. Second morning they began to drill the wall in our bathroom from outside. In the room there is no shampoo and soap. And all this you get "only " for 100$.

Room Tip: Do not stay there
Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple