“Excellent service!”
Review of LUXE Suites

LUXE Suites
Ranked #15 of 262 Accra B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This being my first trip to Africa, I didn't realize how much there was to learn until after I got there. While the rooms are average, the service is outstanding, particularly the front desk worker Francis was AMAZING! Thanks to him I was about to better negotiate taxi prices (being white they over charge like crazy), gave me tips on how much artisan good prices should cost, suggested excellent places to visit. Additionally, he was extremely personable and always asked about my day. While there are cheaper places, I doubt any of the other hotels provide the same level of service and feeling of friendliness. Needless to say, I would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Corbin L

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Great Stay.I will recommend the business travellers to stay in this hotel.Staff are very friendly.Specially Mr.Francis & Mr. Frank.Next time when i will visit ghana for sure i will book this hotel...Its near to the airport.Hotel Provided complementary Pick Up..I will rate this hotel very high as i have no complaits to make.All business travellers do try this hotel once.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gaurav G
Reviewed 27 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Akissi R
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The hotel is ok, reception staff very friendly, and the owner as well (although he is not very privacy respecting). Room pretty neat. Having said this, the hotel is basically in the middle of nowhere and the Chinese restaurant next door is quite expensive (for Accra). Breakfast is basic and quite lame. Worst thing is the doors which are ridiculously noisy and seem to slam EVERY SINGLE TIME. It is impossible to sleep after any of the other guests has waken up. Add to this that the staff of the hotel starts to make noise early and draw your conclusions. Quite a pity because the hotel, being remote, could actually be a nice quiet change for African capitals.One last thing: do not use the taxis they call (there are no taxis passing in front of the remote street) as they ll rip you off (or try to). Get in touch with your own taxi driver and call him to pick you up. Then, if needed, let the personnel negotiate the price if that does not satisfy you.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank bau
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I just spent 5 nights at the Luxe Suites and I have to admit it was difficult to leave. This was my first trip to Ghana and I literally fell in love with the staff at this hotel. They were so accommodating and went to great lengths to ensure that my friends and I were happy. The food was terrific, the rooms were more than comfortable, the location and security were phenomenal, and again, the staff made us feel as though we were family. When I return to Ghana (which I hope to soon), I will not even consider staying anywhere else. Thank you, Quami, Correta and the entire Luxe staff for a wonderful stay. TPL

Room Tip: My friends and I stayed in the two bedroom apartment in the rear of the property (across the courtya...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Thomas L
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My husband and I were in Accra for a conference in June and were lucky enough to stay at the Luxe Suites. We found it online, searching for hotels near the Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons. We booked the Presidential Suite through Expedia for what we thought was a fair price, and it truly was a great value. The hotel offers a shuttle to and from the airport. As it turns out, we were greeted at the airport by Kwame, the hotel's owner, who brought us to the hotel (and also got up very early in the morning to take us back when we left)!
Our room was huge. The bed was quite comfortable and the air conditioning very effective. The bathroom was a nice size with a large shower. The hot water heater takes some getting used to as far as timing, but once you figure out the system it works just fine. Plenty of hot water. Room was thoroughly cleaned every day.
Breakfast was included and was served in a small conference room off the main lobby. It wasn't fancy, but it was perfectly adequate and tasty.
The staff went out of their way to be attentive and thoughtful. There were a few minor glitches (nothing even worth noting) but they bent over backwards to address any issues and always went above and beyond when they could.
One word of caution: be wary of the taxi drivers who may try to overcharge you. Kwame (the owner) told us it should cost about 5 cedi each way to the conference center (about $2.50 each way). We have been in Ghana before and thought this was accurate. However, the taxi driver who came to the hotel attempted to charge us an outrageous amount of money -- 50 cedi EACH WAY (his name was Manford -- watch out for him). Lucky for us, we knew better and refused. We complained to the front desk about it (because they arranged for the taxi) and they seemed as shocked as we were and assured us they would speak to the driver.
One of the best things about this hotel is the restaurant right next door. It is a fabulous Asian restaurant (also owned by Kwame). Food was great and very reasonably priced. We ate dinner there every night! Kwame is also opening up a sports bar/continental restaurant adjoining the existing restaurant. Good move -- and I'm sure it will be just as great.
Kudos to Kwame: he owns several hotels in the area and we were impressed by his dedication to service and attention to detail. This man knows how to run a good business, and really cares about his customers and his reputation.
Bottom line: Luxe Suites is a great value. Good location. Comfortable, spacious rooms. An owner who really cares about customer service and will listen (and incorporate) your feedback. We will absolutely stay there when we return to Accra next year!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank pibber
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The hotel seemed like it hasn't been updated since the 50's. it looks nothing like the online photos! The room was pretty clean and had running water, and a/c.
They took my credit card for a deposit but insisted on a cash payment. They offered breakfast but we were eager to hit the road. Over all it's ok for Ghana but there is probably nicer places for the price.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
LUXEGroupAccra, Owner at LUXE Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Hello,

Thank You for staying at LUXE Suites. I am surprised that you felt the rooms were represented incorrectly on the internet. All of the pictures were taken at our hotel and are exact photos of our Executive rooms. There are no pictures on the internet that are not real photos of our hotel and it is a disappointment to hear someone is claiming that. We have not misrepresented our hotel in anyway, and we firmly refute that claim. Our hotel is less than two years old so unless it is the style of the rooms that is causing you to compare it to the 1950's then I also disagree with that. I chose the design myself, as an owner under 30 years old, I am pretty sure that is untrue. All of our rooms have furniture less than 2 years old, and Flat Screen televisions. Our hotel is among the most competitively priced hotels in the Cantonments area, but I am sure you can find cheaper hotels in Accra, but not in our area. We Thank You again for staying with us and hope you enjoyed your stay in Ghana.

Coretta A. Owusu