“Way to stay in a value Boutique hotel”
Review of Hotel Elegance

Hotel Elegance
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Accra
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Way to stay in a value Boutique hotel”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Excellent customer services
Go for the delux room
breakfast was good
Supported my trip enquires around Accra
I felt safe staying there as a single lady on business
Wifi great and the place has been upgraded to a boutique hotel
Felt safe walking around

Room Tip: Chose rooms that are delux I stayed standard room which was clean and functional for my two nights t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Yasma A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Casablanca, Morocco
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed 4 days in Hotel Elegance and we enjoyed our stay. Staff and the manager are very friendly and they did all what they could to make our stay enjoyable and easy. If we go back to Accra, certainly, we will go there again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank tarik41
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at the HE in November for a business trip. Let me start off by saying that in Africa you get what you pay for, so in this case where I was charged $79 a night, it is not fair to expect 5 star luxuries and treatment from the hotel. However - there is a few basic things they can do right that will not cost a lot of money to attract more customers. At the rate they charged it is a good find, and the hotel has only been open for 4 months, so some teething problems can be expected. I discussed this also with the owner on 2 occasions and she is aware of these issues and trying to sort it out. Most of the staff calls her madam. Check-iin was pretty straight forward with no hassles. I was upgraded to a double room. The room is large enough, although the bathroom is very small. The water pressure was OK, but the shower head leaked slightly and it was difficult to get the correct setting. Just a friendly heads up - they only provide 1 bar of soap for the room, and no shampoo at all. I also did not see a hairdryer or kettle, but maybe these are in other rooms. Mini fridge was included. Bed was hard, but I liked it - might not be to everybodys taste. AC worked well in the room - very important as Ghana can get very hot. Wifi was free, and very fast, but only the first three nights. Thereafter I had no Wifi in my room, but in the lobby it worked. I was told the dervice provider is working on it, but to me it ssemed more like a hardware issue. They do not provide iron and board in the room - you have to use the in-house laundry service. Not expensive at $1 a shirt or trousers. These are all smalll things that can be fixed easily and without breaking the bank. Now for the real issue - the food and service. On arrival I was given a menu from the restaurant, and it contained a good selection of both local and international dishes. The next night when I asked for another menu in the restaurant, I was told the entire restaurant runs on one menu (the one in my room), so I had to get that first. Unfortunately both the waiters and the chef has no idea what these dishes mean. I ordered a Spaghetti Carbonara one evening - just to receive something that vaguely resembled a Chinese stirfy. Another evening the full chicken and chips, only to receive two small pieces of chicken. On all the other nights I was told all that is available is chicken and rice. If you are going to have an extensive menu please ensure you have all the ingredients and your staff knows the difference in dishes. I also had to walk to a local market to buy some beers one evening as their bar had no stock. This only improved after I complained heavily and the owner also apologised and gave me some free beers and food - unfortunately there were no big options concerning food, so the fact that it was free made no difference. Breakfast is also dismall - they serve toast and although I asked several times for fried eggs, all I got everytime was some thin ommelette that resembled a thin pancake. Some basic training here will go a long way. Everything else like bacon etc. is extra and not included in the room rate breakfast. On the plus side most of the staff and the owner tries to please where they can (especially Fred and Madam) and they also allowed me to check-out late as my flight was only at 10pm. I raised all of the above concerns with the owner prior to flying back and I really believe they can make a success here. I travel to Ghana about 4 times a year and will be very keen to give this hotel another chance if they address all the mentioned points - will definitely keep an eye on future reviews to see what has changed and will definitely stay there again if improved.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank vos007
Accra
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Cool place to be. Services are just on time. Just could not get my wifi connection in my room. Generally I think I will come here over and over again. Food is tasty. Waiters are professional and friendly. More movie channels would have helped.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mand2013
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Accra is not cheap, but this hotel is a great find. Not the most central, but not remote either. As far as I am concerned, it is a nice escape from the rest of Accra. Nicely renovated. Beautiful restaurant and pool area with deck chairs and umbrellas. The best wifi I've had. Rooms have everything, including a kettle. Most importantly, the staff are very eager to please!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple