“Good value”

Ranked #32 of 92 Hotels in Accra
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Recently spent two night here. Stayed in the standard room, although I was upgraded to a double room on the second day when the sink drainage in the bathroom got faulty.

Check in was quick and stress-free. Paid for both nights in dollars, but received change in cedis. The rooms are very spacious and clean. AC worked well. Bathroom was adequate.

Additionally, the wifi signal (on the ground floor, where my rooms were) was good and the connection was reliable.

It's about 20-30mins taxi ride from Osu, the airport and the Accra Mall (taking Accra's traffic into account). However, the hotel is 'hidden' in a residential area and is difficult to locate. Furthermore, the road signage pointing to the hotel were small and easy to miss.

During my stay, the meal options at the restaurant were very limited. Given its location, there aren't many restaurants nearby -so I had to eat at the hotel's restaurant. The food is good, albeit a bit overpriced for what you get (breakfast was complimentary).

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, and I'd happily recommend it. All the staff I came in contact with were very courteous and friendly.

Paid (the dollar equivalent of) GH₵ 260/night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Immanuel K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kumasi, Ghana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

stayed at hotel elegance on 3 different occasions, check in was still fast and simple
the room was neat, a/c worked very well. still impressed by the internet speed
restaurant closes at 10pm, so be sure to make your own food arrangements for the night.
the room had no good view. the locality is quite boring, at least 15mins drive from city center
breakfast was good, but can be improved.
overall still a very good stay, considering the comparatively low rate

Room Tip: book a single room and ask for an upgrade, they usually give free room upgrades!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Gordon B
Muskegon, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I was very disturbed with the lack of attention to my concerns. At the first i was given the wrong room, then when getting to the right room. The bed sheets had blood stains on them. After letting staff know the sheets were changed but again the following day after housekeeping did their daily cleaning i return to the room and had sheets with bloods stains on them again. I asked to speak with the manager upon my arrival and everyday i was there, but there were no supervisor to be found.
The breakfast only had 3 options and no meat at all.
The bathroom main light was not working, i complained about it upon my arrival and it was never fixed.
My bed smelled like urine.
The second bathroom had a dead cockroach in there.
The room started to link when it rained one day.
This was the first time i ever visited a hotel in Africa that had no female staff around, perhaps adding a female staff will help this hotel understand the importance of clean rooms and bed sheets.
There is a laundry list of problems at this place. I will never return or recommend anyone to stay here.
The internet was good, i was getting 5 meg downloads. The cable had a good mixture of African and International channels. The staff was nice but had no hotel supervisor guidance from what i can see.
The area was quiet and the hotel did have a backup generator that came in handle during the storm that took place during my visit. Please see my photos to support my claims.

Room Tip: Use as a last result.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank 1037thebeat
HotelElegance-Accra, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Elegance, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Hotel Elegance expresses its deep gratitude for all reviews, which are only making us better.

We can assure you that a full investigation has begun into the regrettable incidents you narrated. Particularly, as records show, Hotel Elegance is never known for compromises on cleanliness, service and comfort.

We invite you to stay with us again to experience the positive impact of your review.

Best Regards,

Management
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

By the reviews and the pictures, I expected this hotel to be much nicer than it is. Don't get me wrong, it was perfectly ok. My room was spotless and the staff tried really hard to be kind and helpful. They upgraded me to a superior room and gave me free drinking water when I arrived because the restaurant was closed. But the pool was just ok, there was a pair of someone's swim shorts in the pool shower, and the breakfast was atrocious. But these things are more or less to be expected in West Africa. It was fine for an overnight airport stopover, which is what I wanted, and I would likely stay there again. Just don't expect a palace. It's also a half-hour from the airport in traffic, so be sure to allow that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank BethZab
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed here just as a resting spot after our international flight and before heading out to the Volta region. Small hotel, not nearby much of anything - so if you want to be close to shopping and restaurants - this probably is not for you. We needed a bed and wanted a pool and this worked very well for that. Staff was friendly and attentive. Rooms were nice - A/C worked great. Free Wifi. Only issue we had was some noise going on around 10 or 11 pm for a few hours it seemed - sounded like doors continuously being opened and closed - hard. I think they've raised their prices, but it was certainly much more affordable than most of the bigger chain hotels in town. Taxis may have trouble finding it, so be sure to have the phone number with you so they can call for directions.

Room Tip: We had the "deluxe suite" which has a fold down couch for our daughter in a separate room...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank DStraus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

My stay at Hotel Elegance was great although it was a short stay but then I wished I could stay some more days. The reception we got there was warm and splendid and it had a friendly atmosphere. The staff were nice and also friendly. However, the only challenge I had with the Hotel was the absence of a bar and barbeques of all kinds wif pastries but am sure they can improve on that.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Toun Benson
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

We spent our honeymoon at the Hotel Elegance. The room was beautiful, clean, everything we expected. The manager was very nice to us, we were given complimentary drinks after checking in, and she made sure our stay was comfortable. Only downside is that we were charged for room service, which we didn't expect since we were not informed beforehand. Overall a good find, highly recommendable if u need a quiet serene place at a good rate.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple