National Museum of Ghana
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Accra
from US$62.50
from US$105.00
from US$250.00
from US$55.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 February 2018

During my half day tour around Accra on Monday 27/11/17 we called into the National Museum Of Ghana for the first stop with my driver / tour guide &, unfortunately on arrival we were informed from staff the Museum is still closed due to renovations & could be another six months before completion. Very Disappointing especially being the National Museum

Date of experience: November 2017
2  Thank STEPHEN N
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We stumbled upon this museum as we were on another outing. Though things are not yet perfect here it was a delightful experience. I think we will take friends when they visit next month

Date of experience: August 2017
1  Thank Doug H
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Went to the National Museum with an old friend from Abu Dhabi as our first point of call on our Accra tour. It was an embarrassing site. The building is supposed to have been locked up for renovation about three years ago. There was absolutely no sign of construction work going on and all you could see were what seemed to be a few statutes dumped outside. It is a complete waste of time going to this hollow place.

Date of experience: March 2017
3  Thank JOHN SEGU Q
Reviewed 29 May 2017

When I first visited the Museum in 2002 Nkrumah's statue was broken up and laying in a side yard. Now it is restored. The displays are still be bit dusty, but the variety of cultural artifacts is the best I've seen. If I remember correctly, photography is not permitted.

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank Bill E
Reviewed 30 April 2017

To be honest, my experience here was disappointing. I have visited many museums globally, but it was hard for me to tell exactly what was being showcased in this one.

Date of experience: November 2016