“Ok hotel, 5 Stars for staff!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Airport View Hotel

Airport View Hotel
Ranked #12 of 95 Hotels in Accra
“Ok hotel, 5 Stars for staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

I was placed here for a couple of nights while in Accra. I wasn't expecting much from the hotel. Room was small, bathroom had its issues and the food wasn't great. The staff were excellent, the front desk staff greeted me with a friendly smile every time and accommodated anything I needed. Would not be my first choice when I return but would not bother me to stay again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank shawnpeach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Halmstad, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

We decided to stay one night in Accra before leaving Ghana and wanted to stay close to the airport. Since it was Easter Friday, everything was closed so the plan was to relax by the pool all day until we had to check-in at the airport. Suprise! The pool will be under construction for the next 6 months and the staff and the website failed to mention this fact. The only thing they could offer was to direct us to another pool and a $10 discount (even though it costs more to use the other pool). The staff was rude.

The room was clean and it is close to the airport. Breakfast was okay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Frokengreven
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

This hotel was far better than the other hotel I stayed at in Accra. Service is efficient and friendly, the rooms are comfortable (without being too fancy). Wifi internet is excellent and the connection is fast. The restaurant serves good food with minimal wait, though maybe a touch on the pricey side. The only other negative was the pool was out of action when I stayed due to renovations. However, overall I was very satisfied.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Morts-viajero
Huntingdon, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

We stayed in the airport view hotel, twice during the same trip to Ghana.
We encountered a quite serious problem with our travel arrangements and we could not have asked for a better service from the ladies behind the front desk, they phoned around all over the country on our behalf and finally after about 5 hours helped us resolve our problem.

The staff here could not be faulted in any way!
Air-con nice and cold, free wi-fi and a free shuttle service to the airport.

Awesome breakfast too

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Simon P
Harare, Zimbabwe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I arrived in Accra fearing that I would not get a reasonably priced hotel near the airport without prior booking. The man at the kiosk where hotels are booked within the arrivals area recommended the hotel. The very reasonable fee for a single room included a shuttle service and was less than that displayed in the hotel lobby. The hotel is very close to the airport, yet I heard no planes and I was given a value for money room which had clean linen, air conditioning which works and room service even though I arrived quite late. The check in staff at the front desk were well turned out and very pleasant. There is a small bar near the entrance and the hotel is obviously aware of the need to provide good service since the Trip Advisor logo was prominently displaced as one enters the hotel! The porters lugged my heavy suitcase up two flights of stair at ease. Breakfast was not very exciting but freshly made. Certainly a place I would stay at again in transit.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel e.g. room 120 was extremely quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kufunda
Ogden, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. I was looking for something with air conditioning, a free shuttle to the airport and food. The extra bonus was the wireless internet service. Hooray!! The staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the air conditioned room. As my plane did not leave until 10 PM I paid a small fee to be able to check out at 7. Then the free shuttle took me directly to the airport. The driver stayed with me while my companion went to get a cart for the luggage. As a woman traveling alone I thought that was really good of him. I enjoyed the free breakfast buffet. and ate the dinner buffet as well.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ghanacal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012 via mobile

Spent one night here before going to another place in Ghana. The front desk was very friendly, helpful and could exchange money. Room was large and clean and safe. The hotel restaurant was adequate for a short stay. Easy to go to the Accra Mall from here. Also very close to the airport.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo