“MASERU INVASION”

Mohokare Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maseru
Mohokare Guest House
Ranked #19 of 27 Maseru B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“MASERU INVASION”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our group of twelve from South Africa arrived late on Friday night to find that all but one of the six rooms we had booked had been taken. With the frustration levels at a high especially after I had earlier phoned to confirm the availability of the rooms, something special was needed to calm us down. With the double rooms taken, the more luxurious chalets were made available to us and we never looked back. We woke up to a sumptuous breakfast and smiles to rival Mona Lisa's. It is true that the guesthouse's location is also its asset given that its proximity to the Pioneer Mall.Overall, we had a great time at Mohokare and will be coming back. However, I would recommend that they sort out the booking system fast enough..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Siile M

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is the forth time I've stayed at the Mohokare, each time has been on business and staying for 5 nights or so. For me it's the best place to stay in Maseru. The two big hotels offer a poor standard of service for a ridiculously high rate and I hate being ripped off. Mohokare is friendly, convenient, quiet, clean and tidy and safe. I'm there on business so not hanging around the hotel all day so it works well. The previous problem of low water pressure seems to have been sorted so the shower worked well. The wifi continues to be very slow and drops out. The breakfast is certainly worth missing - truly awful!!! If the food was OK I'd have given it 4 stars..... but I'll still use it as my Maseru base.

Room Tip: Best room is Litema but a little more expensive but still reasonable.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank GeoffG123x
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at Mohokare for 5 nights and could not have been happier. The reception desk was extremely helpful to me and assisted me in finding someone to take me to the mountains, which is why I went to Lesotho. My room had heat, shower and tub, electric blanket, tea/coffee pot, and breakfast. To expect anything more than comfort, safety, cleanliness, economy, and friendliness is to be out of touch in Lesotho. Yes, the water pressure fluctuates so make sure it is strong when you decide to shower. I was thrilled to have free WIFI access. Lesotho is not very tourist ready as it was really hard to organize someone to take me out of the city. Had the front desk gals not helped me, I would have left early because Maseru itself offers very little, other than the Pioneer Mall, which is only 5-7 minutes walking from the Mohokare Guesthouse. The mountains were really pretty and I am so glad I went there. Rooms are very quiet, as the guesthouse is not in the center of town but taxis only cost about $3 to get to and from places in the city to the guesthouse. I checked out the Maseru Sun while I was there, and from what I could see from the lobby, Mohokare Guesthouse lacks nothing. BTW, the Pioneer Mall has 6 movie theaters and KFC, Ocean Basket, and Spur restaurants. That is another reason to stay at Mohokare Guesthouse. It is so close to the mall that you really don't need to go downtown to eat, etc.

Room Tip: My room was adjoining the main section. The only problem was the hall light, which was always on an...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank fiftystatesevenconts
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel for exactly one month and feel comfortable. The receptionists are very friendly and helpful. The room is clean with a large bathroom. The hotel is in a good location, very close to the best shopping mall in town (less than 10 minutes walking) and if you want to go somewhere far, you can easily crab a taxi. There is a small bar in the hotel and quite a few local officers hang out there in the evening, so you can easily have somebody to talk with.

The breakfast is decent. However, the lunch and dinner are not good. They have a short menu but most of dishes are not available. In addition, most of the time the food is overcooked or undercooked.

I think the room and the service is not suitable for the rate. They may charge us that because there is not much choice in Maseru.

Room Tip: There are 2 blocks. I prefer to stay in the rear block because it's more quiet and larger. The r...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Quyenvie
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here based on Lonely Planet recommendation. Only 5 mins drive to Maseru centre and much cheaper than some of the central accommodation.
The check-in process was incredibly slow and laborious but the rooms were very nice. Unfortunately my bath broke so I had to change rooms and was put in a room directly next to reception. It was noisy with the TV blaring and people talking incredibly loudly at the bar. It didn't keep me awake as it closes at 11 but it was irritating and I'm not sure they should sell this particular room.
Breakfast was good and there is free secure parking.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Steve_Amy
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I've just returned from another stay at the Mohokare and once again found the guest house a great base for a stay in Maseru. It's not what you'd expect from a western standard hotel - this is Lesotho, Africa - the water pressure can go down and the wi fi is hamster driven, but it's clean, comfortable and the staff are lovely and helpful.

The two big hotels in Maseru (the Lesotho Sun and the Maseru Sun) are ridiculously overpriced.

Room Tip: Nicest standard room at Mohokare is called Litema but they also provide some excellent and stylish s...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank GeoffG123x
Lancashire UK
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Stayed for 3 weeks whilst on business in Lesotho and will definatly return. Friendly staff, good rooms and good food - although limited menu. Slight problems with the water pressure as is the norm in Lesotho. Very poor wireless connection but we were assured that this would be different for the next visit. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business