“Good Enough”

Bishoftu Ethiopian Cuisine
Ranked #15 of 57 Restaurants in Monrovia
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Description: I can't find a website for it, but there's a reference here: http://lr.wowcity.com/monrovia/locbus2/17390225870080292415/bishoftu-restaurant.htm
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I went to Bishoftu on a Wednesday evening for the buffet. As promised, there was quite a spread, but don't arrive before 1900 hrs because dinner is not yet ready. As I am a vegetarian, I could not eat a lot of the dishes - warning: serving dishes are not labled so if you have food restrictions, grab one of the wait staff and ask fo ran explanation of what is in each dish. I would say of the 24-odd bowls on the table, maybe 7 were Ethiopian and the rest (including one that was described as pizza but looked more like the burek found in the Balkans). There were a number of meat dishes and several raw salad-type. The injera was fine - a little thicker than I have had before. I stuck with what I recognized from prior visits to Ethiopian restaurants and limited myself to one plate and a half. There are a few indoor seats, but I chose to sit outside. Mostlyt expats patronizing this place. Dinner buffet was $17 and the large Liberian beer was $3. I gave the staff a very generous tip because they did their best to help me navigate the buffet.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I am a regular there now. Food is quite good. if you have not had Ethiopian food before you might want to go on a wed or Sat night for their Buffet night so you can sample it all.... Owners very friendly and same as Staff ...Very Clean... feels like you are in your own home/kitchen...I highly reccomend it....

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I didn't know what to expect when my workmates brought me here but after a fulfilling buffet with jumbo shrimp among many other tasty morsels, I find myself telling others to join me for an occasional drink and meal. This place is cool, quiet, and relaxing-not to mention, the food is rather good.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Eat here at your peril! Lots of other places to eat cheaply in Monrovia, cold disgusting food

1  Thank AsherLeeds
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Bishoftu is a great change of pace from most of Monrovia's Lebanese-based cuisine, and offers authentic, delicious Ethiopian food in a home setting. With bougainvillea sprouting over sunny yellow walls, the courtyard is particularly nice for a relaxed meal. Wednesday and Saturday nights see a buffet from 8:30, which gives those not used to the options the chance to taste a bit of everything.

1  Thank andkaren