“Average fare off the beaten path”
Review of B.First Restaurant

B.First Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 55 Restaurants in Monrovia
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Bangladeshi
Lutherville, Maryland
“Average fare off the beaten path”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This restaurantr is not on the main thoroughfare in Monrovia so it does not get a lot of attention. The owner is from Bangladesh and so were most of the dozen or so patrons I saw when I visited. The food is ok - I ordered naan, white rice and paneer makhani. Rice and naan were fine. When I ordered paneer makhani I expected traditional dal makhani with paneer. This makhani was on the orange side and resembeled none I had ever seen before. It was also a bit sweet, I thought. The portion of rice was huge and the amount of makhani was a little sparse, I thought. Total bill was $15, which I thought was quite reasonable. I tipped very well because the service was just fine, it was clearly a very slow night, and they brought me two servings of pickle at my request.

This place has the feel of an outdoor restaurant even though it is technically under a roof. No A/C, which does not bother me in the least, but my beer got warm faster than I would have liked. The sad little bar area does not see many visitors.

I have a picture of the place, so once it is added to the list of actual restaurants, I will upload my photo.

• Visited April 2014