“Oasis in Libyan Desert”

Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Tripoli
Istanbul, Turkey
“Oasis in Libyan Desert”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 times and I am really impressed with the quality of this hotel.
Staff are very kind and friendly, rooms are very clean and comfortable, also well decorated.
Foods are average but nop, in Libya it is very difficult to find a good and clean food.
I higly recommended this hotel, price a bit high for Radisson but all you need is safety, clean and comfort in Libya, you need to pay..

Room Tip: Choose sea view rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Yalcin S, Front Office Manager at Al Mahary Radisson Blu Hotel, Tripoli, responded to this review, 13 November 2013

Asst.Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bath UK
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I arrived at this hotel having expected to be in something far less suitable. A lovely surprise having only just stayed in one back over in Europe a couple of weeks ago. Unsurprisingly it is very similar, but I would say this is better. Also remember that this country was in turmoil only a few months back, something you readily notice as you drive through the capital.

First off the food. Wow! So much fresh produce; fruits, vegetables etc. They had so much choice at lunch I wasn’t sure where to start.

The gym and wellness centre is huge, well equipped and offers plenty for any traveler. The gym has limited free weights but it wasn’t busy when I was there, so I wasn’t affected. My have been a different story had I wanted to go heavy, but in the main very well equipped.

The service has been great too. Nice welcome from the porters and although you have to walk through a metal detector (same as most north African hotels nowadays) they were super friendly and sorted me a room straight away even though the company forgot to book it!

The only down side, and to be expected in these countries, is the minarets and the prayers. They are very loud and I could clearly hear them from my room...but it's culture and I'm in their country so should really stop moaning!!

I’m really taken by the two stays I have had at the Radisson Blu franchise and would definitely have these at the top of my places to stay anywhere in the world list, and I would strongly recommend you do the same.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Tripoli during my first visit to troubled Libya. This hotel made my visit a very pleasant one. Actually, I was very surprised with this hotel with its excellent service after what I heard about Libya. The hotel is nice in general. Very good rooms, friendly staff, super-fast internet - one of the fastest connections I have ever used in a hotel. It is well-guarded, and located in central Tripoli. I have no complaints whatsoever and will definitely stay there in my next visit. Hotel is a bit overpriced, but c'mon, you're in Libya!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.

We would like to thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Fort Worth
Reviewed 1 October 2013

The rooms are adequate and updated. As others have commented service can be a bit spotty and choice of dining options is limited. The patio area is quite nice and always busy but I found the buffet to be only mediocre and expensive for the offering. The Italian restaurant is quite good but key dishes are often unavailable due to the supply chain challenges. Security seems to be mostly for show but I never felt unsafe either in the hotel or in the immediate area. Internet service is spotty but this is probably more to do with the challenging infrastructure environment of Libya than the hotel itself. The gym is excellent for a hotel property.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments.

Kawasaki, Japan
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I have been using this hotel from 2010, but frank opinion is that there hasn't been much improvement. But in Tripoli, our choices are limited and my current option is Radisson.

One big reason is security, which at least is better than Corinthia or Rixos. The venue is convenient enough, though there aren't much around.

Internet connection is always unstable, but this has nothing to do with Radisson as it is the common symptom throughout Libya.

Breakfast is good, with enough variety and better than average taste. Fitness gym is also well equipped and maintained.

Overall rating can be better, but the hotel lacks service hospitality, again, which is rather common in Libya.

• Stayed September 2013
Yalcin S, Front Office Manager at Al Mahary Radisson Blu Hotel, Tripoli, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear Guest

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu Tripoli we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Belvidere, Illinois
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three weeks in September 2013. It has most, if not all, amenities that a typical business traveller would need: business center, meeting rooms, faxes. In addition, it has a business lounge on the 15th floor which serves a selection of buffet items throughout the day for guests staying in the executive floors. The lounge also sports a wonderful, panoramic view of Tripoli harbor and the rest of the city.

The hotel has two main restaurants, a buffet on the mezzanine level which has the standard variety of mid-eastern and western food and an Italian restarant downstairs that has a view of the outdoor pool. Both are averagea and the cost of the buffet is a little on the high side.

Securty at the hotel is adequate. Your car is subjected to a bomb search before entering the grounds and you pass through an x-ray detector upon entering the building. Securty may be a little higher here than in other hotels since the French embassy is located on the 3rd and 4th floors of the hotel.

All in all, I would stay at this hotel again as the rooms are spacious and clean, the beds are comfortable and the food is average.

Room Tip: I stayed on the side of the hotel with the ciy view where you also get a partial view of the old cit...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I made my second trip to Tripoli for business and stayed at the Radisson Blu again. I enjoy the security and service of the hotel and the view is wonderful from the balcony of the room I stayed in on the Harbor side. The hotel seems to be doing very well and hosts a lot of functions and business meetings. The location is very good and close to some excellent restaurants or the harbor, if you choose to walk around. Definitely is my hotel of choice for Tripoli!

Room Tip: Get a harbor view room!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business