“On reflection, not bad”

Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Tripoli
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“On reflection, not bad”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

I stayed at the Plasma Hotel on and off for approximately 6 months. I was booked a small suite, which was plenty for my needs. Always clean, laundry service very good, wireless internet only available from the lounge area in my suite, but much stronger in public places. Breakfast is passable, and eggs available if you ask. Otherwise mainly Arabic fair.
The 1st floor restaurant is ok - and much better than the Moroccan I tried at the top of the Corinthian Hotel (that should be avoided at all costs!)
Main problem at the hotel is/was the noise from the very busy street outside, which can go on until the early hours. I eventually had to sleep with headphones!! I am a light sleeper though, and colleagues did not have the same problem.
Along the street outside there are a number of very good restaurants at very reasonable rate. Particularly recommended is the wood fired pizza place across the road (look for the timbered frontage, opposite side of the road to the hotel, about 100m away). Excellent service, brilliant pizzas which compare favorably with ANY I have had anywhere. The staff at the hotel are indeed all young, but very friendly and very helpful. The hotel is a bit of a way out of town, but the new Marriott is only a block away on the beach. If you are driving (which I would not recommend in Tripoli until you have acclimatised) there is only street parking available.

Room Tip: Double rooms can be small. Ask for a corner suite.
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
5 Thank johnybegud

Families
Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 19 January 2011

This was my first time to Libya so did not know what to expect. I liked this hotel, the staff were very friendly, I got a fruit basket in my room, breakfast was nice and it was very clean. Free wifi - so nice when hotels offer this, so that was a bonus.
Located on a busy street but within walking distance of the old city. Great and supercheap place to eat across the road if you like authentic local food.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Maltaswede
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 31 October 2010

if you have no body to help you in ripoli libya go in this hotel , i received help from them like nowhere els , sttuf very nice and helpful , clean place , nice location , this place have very nice tirce PANORAMA cafe i like it , very nice view ,food i so testy , i advice it like best place in tripoli .

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank marius-smochina
Iasi
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I think Plasma Hotel is the best hotel in Tripoli. Very nice stuff, beautiful conference room and the internet is free of charge. Very good business location.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank marctek
greece
Reviewed 22 January 2010

if i ll have the chance to go again in tripoli libya my place ll be plasma hotel , in the biganing i tuth that i ll not find a hotel like i want but the peuple adviced me to go to plasma hotel , the hotel is very clean staff very kind location in the heart of tripoli u dont need transportation and the panorama cafe is amazing place and view food is nice and the owners are very friendly and helpful the price is good enugh for what u ll recieve its from my few times that i get mor then what i pay i love that place and i send those peuple my best regards

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
USA
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I have been to Plasma Hotel and everything went fine, the service is great, and I also met the Hotel Owners, and they are very nice and Humble People, and doing their best to make it a better place.

Plasma Hotel will be My Choice whenever I visit Libya.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank Joe11981
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 18 August 2009

We stayed at the Plasma hotel in Tripoli at the beginning of August 2009. My advice to you is to avoid this place at any cost. First the good stuff: the hotel looks clean, new and the furniture up to date. The main problem with this place is the front desk/management personnel. This place is managed by a bunch of strange-looking young guys. They are a bunch of crooks. We booked a double room but when we got there, we were forced to take a suite for 350 dinars, which is more than the average monthly salary of a teacher in Libya. They told us the original room is too small for the amount of luggage that we carried (three suitcases) and we have to pay more for the infant anyway. Since finding a hotel on a short notice in Tripoli is almost impossible and we were exhausted from travel, we had no choice but to take the suite. The suite was totally overpriced and crowded with furniture. A Libyan friend in Tripoli told me that this place looks like it is run by the infamous internal security agency. This agency is a magnet for the lower quality humans in the Libyan society. I will never stay at this place again even if it were FREE.

5 Thank wadi1911

Travellers are raving about these Tripoli hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tripoli
Al Mahary Radisson Blu Hotel, Tripoli
#5 of 21 in Tripoli
Awal Hotel
Awal Hotel
#6 of 27 in Tripoli

Been to Plasma Hotel Tripoli? Share your experiences!