See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have just returned after a three night stay at the Haroon. My room was a business suite on the second floor and is was clean, well set out and equipped, although there were one or two small issues these did not detract from my comfort.
The wi-fi struggles to cope and I had significant problems with capacity and speed other that in the small hours when maybe others were asleep.
Two restaurants and a cafe are available and a foreign exchange service is available, but is not 24 hour.
Centrally located and secure.

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BerkshireJohn
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel was slightly better than I expected. The room and bathroom was nice and comfortable (an iron in the room would have been great), there was free wifi and most importantly the staff were very kind and welcoming. Very sweet and kind Tunisian lady at front desk really went out of her way to make us feel welcome and everyone else very kind too.
The only issues I had were all the men smoking in the lobby - I ended up reeking of smoke after having had to wait in the lobby for a few minutes for my pickup. When you have just taken a shower and washed your hair this is something that really puts me off.
Also when I sat down for breakfast on my table which initially looked perfectly set someone had ashed on the table and then put out their cigarette directly on the table! I have observed in meeting that I had in Tripoli that it seems to be common pratice to not bother with ashtrays but I would have hoped the waiters would have spotted this when they laid the table. For these smoking/cigarette issues I'm giving the hotel a poor for cleanliness - this does NOT reflect the rooms themselves however.
There was a lot of nice choice (especially if you like a rather unhealthy breakfast which lots of tempting chocolate croissants) for the breakfast buffet - the apples needed to be refreshed however as they were really soft (they way apples get after having been sitting around in room temperature for a long time.
There is an ok Turkish restaurant/take away located only 25 metres from the hotel which is very convenient - good to know that they do not accept credit cards.
Overall I think the hotel is good value for money, the rooms are great and the staff lovely. As a single female traveller I felt very comfortable. If they banned smoking in public areas they would severely improve their rating. I know there is a different view on smoking than in the US/Europe but maybe this hotel would dare to pioneer this.

Date of stay: January 2014
1  Thank Maltaswede
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is where you rely on good service and advice from management.Excellent breakfast buffet but same buffet dinner every day and you need to venture outside. Helpful staff and clean place.
Recommended for business trips.

Room tip: Rooms with balcony on the seaside are the best.
Date of stay: November 2013
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Hotel is acceptable for north african standards, rooms are clean and in a quiet sideroad
Gim is in need of upgrading and renewal of treadmills.
Breakfast is very good and included in the room
Parking is quite limited in Tripoli, so ask the desk to watch double parked cars

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I stayed for the first time at this very nice hotel for about 3 weeks and was impressed by the accommodation, warmth and friendliness of all of the staff and management who made every effort to ensure that my visit was enjoyable and comfortable. It is my intention to return to this specific hotel for all future trips as I felt completely at home and relaxed in all circumstances. The prices, and accommodation of the rooms are very good and offer real value for money and so I have already recommended the Haroon Hotel experience to several of my business colleagues who travel to Tripoli, as I feel assured that they to will have a good experience.

Date of stay: September 2013