“Fantastic hotel”

Corinthia Hotel Tripoli
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Tripoli
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Beautiful rooms, excellent service and great food. Highly recommended for anyone visiting Tripoli. The interior is luxurious, and its location convenient for the business district. The room service menu caters for a range of international tastes, and is ideal for those who do not wish to dine formally - it's also some of the best food in Tripoli.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Valentina B, Guest Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Dear Guest,

thank your for sharing your experience with Corinthia Hotel Tripoli. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed the comfort of our spacious rooms as well the room service offering.

Hope to have the chance to welcoming your back to Corinthia Hotel Tripoli.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I travel to Tripoli on regular basis for business. That was my first trip after the revolution. It was a nice surprise to see that the hotel remained intact with the same beautiful decoration, clean, and well managed. Arrived at the airport and had a pre arranged car waiting for me through our rep in Libya. The airport itself was always ugly and still need to be demolished. In my was to the hotel I saw bab al aziziya where gadafi used to live, a rubble. I did not see any armed men anywhere and everything was normal with bad traffic as always. Arrived at the hotel, my reservation was confirmed and in 5 min I got my room key card. The front desk man was very nice, polite and professional. My room was clean and had everything you need to have or expect in any 5 stars hotel. Few minutes later the room service manager came by herself to wish me a pleasant stay and asking me if I need anything in my room. That was nice.
Restaurants: Although they have 3 or 4 but the only one that I advice you to use is the one at the ground floor with the open buffet. And by the way, this is the best food you will find and eat in tripoli! The room rates are very high because they know that this is the only hotel visitors can use. Others are like 4 or 5 grades less. The reason for me not giving this hotel the full mark because there is no entertainment whatsoever, only the TV in your room. Hope this will change after the revolution. My advice to the management is to start with a talented pianist or guitarist playing light music. Finally, alcohol is not permitted anywhere in Libya so do not expect to find a bar to have a drink after your long day in the hotel or anywhere else.
Next time and everytime I will stay at this hotel without doubt.

Room Tip: See view is nice. Executive is perfect if your company can pay for it
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

thank you for staying with Corinthia Hotel Tripoli while on business.

We appreciate your loyalty and your nice comments on the service as well as the interior and decorations of the hotel. Thank you for your suggestion regarding the entertainment. Indeed we have currently a pianist playing in the lobby area every evening.

Hope to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I am a regular guest at Corinthia Hotel, if you are thinking in going to Tripoli, Corinthia is the place to stay but in an Executive Room, where you will have access to the Executive Club Lounge and ask for the Manager, Ms. Sonia Azevedo, she will make you feel that you are in one of the best International 5 star hotels in Europe, you will forget that you are in Tripoli where hospitality needs to improve immensely.
She will support you during your stay, with whatever problems you may encounter and you always will find her with a smile, ready to help.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank giomissbusiness
Valentina B, Guest Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Corinthia Hotel Tripoli for your stay in Libya.

We are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially with the service that was provided to you by our colleague Sonia, Executive Club Manager.

We look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I hadn't been back to the Corintia since before the revolution so I was interested to see how it and Tripoli had come through the troubles. I was very pleased to see that the Corinthia had actually improved. The room was still large and spacious, well appointed and comfortable. The staff were professional and quick to answer questions. Wifi is free, relatively fast and reliable. Food is better than before the revolution. I always remember that the blandest curry I had ever tasted in my life was served up there but the meals this visit were of the standard you would expect from a world class hotel. Yes there are othergood hotels in Tripoli butthis is the one for me.

Room Tip: Facing the Med is good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul R
Valentina B, Guest Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for choosing Corinthia Hotel Tripoli again for your stay.

We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the Wi-Fi functinality, size of the room, as well as food offering.

We value your loyalty and are looking forward to welcome you back in near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2012

An excellent and a very warm stay. Room was perfectly as describe on the images. All amneties are well well mantained and clean. Staff was very friendly and most of the time they made my stay unforgetable although such hotel is located in Tripoli which is a place not to miss.

Surely one of the best hotels around and proud to have a Maltese Company offering such excellent service.

Well done.

See you next time!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin Gauci A
Valentina B, Guest Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your compliments and looking forward to welcome you soon back in Tripoli !

Reviewed 17 November 2012

After almost 12 months I returned to the Corinthia and was pleased to see the same efficient staff at reception. They have take the 12 months to give the rooms and public areas a mild re-vamping including some repainting, new bedding, new wi-fi, new tvs and re-upholstered sofas and chairs in the rooms. As a result the Corinthia is back to where it was when I first visited 6 years ago.

Service in the Tripoli Cafe could still be better though, sometimes in attentive staff and slow service. If it was possible to mark them down half a point I would have done for this aspect, otherwise the stay was hard to fault.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AGEastLondon
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I was at this hotel this week on business. Great hotel and great location. Get one of the rooms facing the Mediterranean sea. Rooms are big and quite comfy. very clean too, which surprised me. Breakfast was great, and you could have choices in Italian or Oriental. Although the oriental was closed last week, lack of staf perhaps.

I suppose the days of strife has affected the people. Not very friendly staff, but quite helpful? Business centre is poor.

Stayed: October 2012
Valentina B, Guest Relations Manager at Corinthia Hotel Tripoli, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2012

Dear Guest,

first of all thank you for staying with Corinthia Hotel Tripoli and sharing your experience with us.

Your feedback is very important because it gives us valuable source of information about where to focus our attention in order to constantly deliver the best service.

We are very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with hotel location, the size of the room as well as its cleanliness. You were also happy with the quality of breakfast items as well as the selection.

We will definitely look more closely into the operation of Business Center. Its purpose is to primarily support our business clients and therefore it is crucial that the quality of service provided by our staff reflects its importance.

Hope to welcome you soon in Corinthia Hotel Tripoli.