See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2014

In 2008 me and my family stayed in this hotel for two nights as we are Libyans we want to try this hotel and the hotel was very nice new the staff were very welcoming the marrocan resturant was very clean and the food was very dilicious. The break fast was an open buffuet. The rooms were very big and clean the marble bathrooms were a very beautiful we had inter connecting rooms as my children were slept in the other room I extremly recommended this hotel to every one.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ibrahim K
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here during a 5 days business trip in Tripoli. Overall, my experience at this hotel was quite positive. Firstly, in terms of accommodations, the rooms are clean, wifi works well, good hotel food, helpful staff, etc. There are several restuarants in the hotel, in addition to a bank (BNP) and car rental service, so you do not have to go outside of the compound. The food is quite good (mostly high-quality European food), however all of the restaurants are very much over-priced in the hotel. The hotel has 2 pools (indoor and outdoor) which are both great, but it is important to remember that no alcohol is served within Libya; so don't think that you can lounge by the pool and drink pina coladas (womp, womp). There is a gym in the hotel, but strangely there is no treadmill / cardi equipment (just weights for lifting). Location wise, the hotel is in the downtown area, but relatively secluded. I had been told by locals that the area the hotel is in is not very good, but I suppose that does not really matter since security concerns are so high that it's not advisable to leave the hotel. On the topic of security, the hotel did feel safe. There are metal detectors and there is quite a bit of security. One unique thing about the hotel is that there is a restaurant terrace where one can sit, watch the skyline of Tripoli and smoke some hookah. During my next trip to Tripoli I would probably like to try another hotel just to see what is out there, but I know this hotel would be a good choice if I cannot find anything else suitable.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a high floor. Security is a concern in the country.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Chris S
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Great hotel with very courteous and efficient people. Location is good as it is a little removed from the busy part of the city. Food is excellent. Most rooms have a fabulous view of the Mediterranean. A bit too over priced but....I guess you have to pay for one of the best in Tripoli

Room Tip: The sea view is great
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Suresh M
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times the past year and have always been met by a very friendly and helpful staff, excellent food and spacious rooms.
I've tried other hotels in Tripoli but this is by far my preference.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jørn Ivar T
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of UK trade delegation visiting several sites in Libya. Due to security concerns our trip was ammended to focus on Tripoli only.

The hotel was clean, well appointed and staff very helpfull. We had a lot of embassy staff coming and going from the hotel who's staff were very accomodating of this. I would have no concerns about returning to this hotel even though days after leaving Libya the president of the country was kidnapped from the same hotel!

Compared with other hotels in the region I would always but the Corinthia in the top two when planning a return visit despite the security issues.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business