See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Unfortunately i was mistakenly booked a second time by a libyan company in this service-free hotel. Again many people crowded in front of the desk complaining about missed and ignored reservation. They tried to move me earlier and now other people into a extremly poor neighboring hotel with rusty and dirty bath and squeezing little rooms. At least in 4 floor i spent a horrible noisy night and didn't have internet at any time no stores on the windows to avoid views from opposite buildings, but permanently the extreme loud noise of the elevator machine house located on the same floor. There are always 2 loud bangs whenever the elevator is running-what was the case all night long. so no sleep at all. No solution offered from staff, complaints ignored. Very dissapointing nearly identical experience in 2 different stays within last 12 months

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Peter V
Reviewed 25 July 2013

It is a three star hotel in Tripoli, rooms are not too bed, sheets are clean, bathroom is clean, bathroom supplies are complete, thanks to God they have sleepers and bath robes too, what did not satisfy me about this hotel is there was a lot of noise coming from outside of room window, the room was looking at the back of hotel and all air condition equipments of the hotel were there, in addition, air condition in the rooms are centrally controlled so when you come to your room you find it off and when you call the reception there is no one there to speak English and explain to you that the hotel management turn it on and off according to their schedule not according to your needs. Breakfast was ok but I have no comment about lunch or dinner as I did not fine there

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Sinem B
Reviewed 4 April 2013

To be very clear, I didn’t select by myself this hotel. It was selected by the international organisation to which I belong. I stayed 3 weeks in this hotel. At the beginning the reception provided me a very small room in the first old building. Don’t accept: there are too small. Then I stayed in a room in the new building with enough space to move. The Bed is extra large with excellent mattress and many pillows. Sheets are high thread count all-cotton bed linen. From the TV set all TV channels from satellite are available mainly in Arabic, very few in other languages. In each room the hotel provides WIFI. However, most of the time the signal is very weak. That is one of the main inconvenient in this hotel.

As regards to the restaurant: the buffet offered for the breakfast is ordinary. However it is possible to request an espresso coffee to the waiter. For the lunch or the dinner the restaurant of the hotel provides also a buffet: expensive and meals with poor testing. Of course as anywhere in Libya: no beer and no wine are provided. It is preferable to go to other restaurants in the city. Few are closed to the hotel.

In conclusion, why I stayed in this hotel?
1/ I sleep well which is still the most important purpose of a hotel.
2/ This hotel is located in the center of Tripoli.
3/ The proposed rate is a reasonable deal: I paid €85 per night, breakfast and all taxes included.

Room Tip: Request to stay only in the ew building
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is a great value for money hotel in Tripoli. The internet is relatively reliable (which is something to cherish in this city), the rooms are comfortable, the hot water is abundant.

The staff is truly excellent and very friendly, they have always been as helpful as they can be! I've stayed here twice already.

This is not a fancy hotel, but a very nice and comfortable one. The only reason I did not give it a 5 is the amount of cigarette smoke. This is not out of the ordinary for Tripoli as people smoke absolutely everywhere, but as the hotel was quite full this time, the smoke was a bit overwhelming. Last time I stayed my room was very good and did not seem smoky, but this time, maybe due to my room location, I felt I had to keep airing it out as the cigarette smell was very noticeable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank A R
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel having read about it on this website, and I have to say it matched the reviews.

Tripoli does not have a great range of hotels, but this is by far the best I have stayed in.

The rooms were tastefully decorated and spacious, with elegant furnishings and exceptionally comfortable beds.

Service was first class, and while I was a little unsure of the surrounding area, I was made to feel very safe and well-guided by the helpful staff.

By Libyan hotel standards, food was excellent with a wide choice of international options.

I thoroughly recommend the Attawfeek and will revisit it in the future.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business