“2 days in Tana”
Review of Villa Iarivo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antananarivo
Villa Iarivo
Ranked #11 of 92 Antananarivo B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“2 days in Tana”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Noro, the host, will make you feel like at home. You'll have the chance to taste her delicious dishes and sit at the table with her family. The rooms are extremely clean and the center of the town is within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Antananarivo, Madagascar
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am writing this review from the comfort of the living room at Noro's villa. I have been here a week and can't say enough about my experience. Noro is an incredible women and an impressive host, who goes out of her way to make her clients happy.

Noro's home cooked meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner are delicious and she has no problem accommodating vegetarians like myself. If you are lucky enough to be at the Villa on a Sunday and have the opportunity to dine with her family you will enjoy a four course french inspired meal (highly recommended).

The internet connect is reliable and strong enough to support Skype calls home, which in itself is priceless.

The sunset from the garden is the perfect way to end a day.

Noro is keen on trying new things, which is especially nice if you are travelling alone. She tried Zumba (also highly recommended) with me for the first time, an experience neither of us will soon forget.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I'm just so fresh back in my country and I do still remember my comfort while being at Noro's villa.

Woke up in the morning and enjoyed a simple breakfast with Noro's homemade jams/mamalade with toast..together sharing with Noro's a fresh day at a cozy table in living room.

And Noro was so kind to let me rock her kitchen and allowed me to cook Vietnamese food (sauteed sea crab with tamarind sauce) on a lovely holiday in Tana.

Her rooms are humble for those who need a clean and bamboo beds. Each room is named with different typical Magalasy identity such as Zebu (local cow). She can make room that can suite your demand of group traveling of 2 to 4.

The impression from this villa Iarivo is Noro's hospitality. She treats her customers as friends who needs local assistance. She never minds to make time for traveller. Noro left her professional career as a chemist in agriculture, she chose to see friends at her house.

So will you be her friends for just a day if you ever come down to the capital of Madagascar, Antananarivo?

Strongly recommend this villa for casual and friendly travelers!

Wish you all a nice time in Madagascar :)

FiFi

Room Tip: The best room for young travelers is upstair and for senior traveller should be downstairs
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Kabul
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Well, it's over a year since my first stay with Noro at Villa Iarivo and I must confess that it has retained its high standard of service, cleanliness, comfort and ease. Noro is constantly improving things about the guest house and has recently started hosting yoga once a week in a great wooden-floor boarded room overlooking the city lights. She has also introduced me to several artists including a lady who embroiders all manner of wonderful designs and, as she lives on the street, is in need of some business which I am overjoyed to avail in the form of unique table clothes, clothes, bags etc all designed by me with her help and skills. Noro is continually looking to help those less fortunate when she can. Not in that category but with equally wonderful designs, is a jeweller whom we visited last weekend, I couldn't resist to purchase a lovely unique ring (and am tempted to return). You name it Noro knows someone or knows whom to ask to solve any problems, questions, queries you may have in Tana.
This time I am staying for 6 weeks so have had time to upload some better pictures to give you an idea of the house and the 4 available rooms.

Room Tip: I enjoy the room Zebu!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at Villa Iarivo for a few nights before leaving Madagascar. Despite lovely hostess Noro's protestations she speaks perhaps the BEST English we heard in Madagascar and this is an excellent choice for English speaking clients. The B&B is everything you could want: great location, privacy, views, perfect plumbing, lovely decoration. Noro will make sure your stay is what you want - if you want to travel independently you can come and go as you please, if you want her to accompany you to the markets or help with ordering taxis etc she'll also assist. We strongly recommend taking her up on dinner as the food and company at Villa Iarivo is divine. My husband's most favourite thing is to go out for breakfast on the weekend and we were treated to homemade jams, hot and cold treats (including crepes and Madagascan cakes) for breakfast in the garden courtyard each day. (Note: we also stayed at Sakamanga, which is very nice too. However, our bed was more comfy at Villa Iarivo and we were also able to obtain more help and advice.)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie-From-Australia
Kabul
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I requested trip-advisor to list Noro's B&B as it is simply great value for money, in a charming three storey wooden house on the side of one of Tana's hills (in the centre) with a great view, superb home-cooked breakfast (bread - with delicious jams, gateau, coffee, tea, hot-chocolate, eggs if you want and fresh juice) and a delightfully helpful hostess. The neighbourhood is central with some great boutiques and restaurants nearby (which Noro will direct you to). We paid 35 euro a night which included wifi and breakfast. They also did our laundry for us for a reasonable fee and helped us out with taillors and recommendations for our travels. Noro lives in the house next door so you are not living on top of the host and the rooms are large with great big bathrooms, no problem about hot water nor privacy. There is an upstairs terrace with a view and a pleasant garden downstairs to be enjoyed as well. Charming taste and hospitality at a great price. Can't go wrong. Email: noro.iarivo@moov.mg ph: +261 320438561

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are probably the best.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple