“Great cafe/restaurant/spa combination”

Washington DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great cafe/restaurant/spa combination”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

While the combo of a cafe/restaurant/spa may seem odd, it works perfectly at Medina. I visited several times during my stay in Tana. They have excellent wifi, and a great selection of small plates for lunch. After booking a massage (which was wonderful, affordable, and professional), my husband met me for dinner. They have a great selection of foods from Indian to Malagasy. The tagines are tasty. We keep coming back to this place, as the staff is wonderful as well. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank BuzzieAnn

Harvest, Alabama
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Cortez Tour Operator”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

In 2011 I used Cortez to get a tour of Madagascar. They did a fine job. They seem to specialize in Madagascar and are an honorary consulate so you can get your visa through them. I did the 15 day tour in November -- which I think is nearly ideal. But I could kick myself for not getting an extension into the Kindry forest, where there are foosa and baobab trees. If I were re-doing the trip, I'd take the 12 day trip and add an extension for Kindry. In the Kindry forest in November you are likely to see foosa courtship, as one of my travel mates did. On the front end of the trip you are likely to see an aye-aye, as I did.

Visited November 2012
dubai
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“good restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

very good food and nice interiors. It is in main market. They serve Indian and European food. Sea food is very tasty.

Visited April 2012
Turku, Finland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“The place for real quality massage in Tana.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I've been here now for two consecutive nights and even if the pricing is a bit steep for Madagascar it is still well worth it. The place is clean and fresh and the services are done by friendly professionals. There are no "extra services" available and that is a good thing in this city...

3 Thank Jussi P
Uganda
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic massages...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Located within walking distance of hotels Colbert, Tana, Varangue and Louvre. My husband and I found Le Medina while taking a walk. It is a pleasant place, delightfully decorated with an Arabian nights feel. The available massages on offer are very many. Management are clear no sex services are available, a welcome relief from the city vice of underage prostitution. Masseurs were pleasant, note they speak very limited English. Massages were very good and we intend to visit again before leaving. Great value too! Plus you can eat from the diner after the massage.

3 Thank Missgoodytwoshoes82