My 18-year old son and I spent our first night in Madagascar at La Varangue, and it was a wonderful welcome to the country. The entire hotel, including lobby, bar and restaurant, are filled with antiques and other quirky artifacts. Our room was on the first floor, directly at the top of the staircase, and it had a pleasant view. My only issue with the room was the lack of a mosquito net for the smaller bed in the room. We had perhaps our best dinner during our Madagascar stay at the restaurant. La Varangue is a great way to start or end your stay in this amazing country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming guest house in the center of an upscale neighborhood of the capital. Fruit of the marriage of Madagascar and colonial style architecture, this house offers the proximity of the commercial district Antaninarenina.La Veranda is Ambohitsirohitra next to the office of the presidence.Le The Veranda restaurant overlooks a lovely garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your La Varangue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Varangue Antananarivo
- La Varangue Hotel Antananarivo
- La Varangue Madagascar/Antananarivo