My husband and I stayed in this hotel as part of a tour package deal, so we did not choose the hotel. That being said, we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The premises were beautiful, and the food in the restaurant was good but expensive (and fancy, as my husband says). However, we were less than pleased with our first room. It was in the basement, and it was very cold. The heater did not work, so the front desk staff brought us a space heater, which did not work much better. I was miserably cold that night (this was in June). Also, the hotel was fully occupied, and there was only a room with a double bed available. The bed was too small for us. My husband is 6'6" tall (and I'm 5'10"), so his feet hung off the bed, and he could not get comfortable. When we travel in foreign countries, we usually get rooms with two twins if there are no queen or kings available, because a double bed is just too small for two very tall people. At any rate, we made it through the first night and left the following morning for a week-long tour of Madagascar. We left our large pieces of luggage with the hotel staff, and they watched over it for us while we were gone.
When we returned to the hotel at the end of our trip, I was dreading my stay. At that point I was tired of being cold at night, and I was not looking forward to another very uncomfortable, restless night. To our pleasant surprise, the hotel staff remembered our 1st night and upgraded us to a one bedroom king suite. It was gorgeous!! They had already placed space heaters in the rooms and had the bedroom toasty when we arrived. We thought that was a very generous gesture, and we were very appreciative.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming guest house in the center of an upscale neighborhood of the capital. Fruit of the marriage of Madagascar and colonial style architecture, this house offers the proximity of the commercial district Antaninarenina.La Veranda is Ambohitsirohitra next to the office of the presidence.Le The Veranda restaurant overlooks a lovely garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your La Varangue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Varangue Antananarivo
- La Varangue Hotel Antananarivo
- La Varangue Madagascar/Antananarivo