“Nice Hotel - as long as you are on the right floor”

Le Louvre Hotel & Spa
Ranked #22 of 59 Hotels in Antananarivo
Reviewed 6 March 2014

A very clean, well situated hotel. Room was standard, bathroom was stunning - very modern. Breakfast was disappointing - I couldn't get a warm meal, had to settle for the bread and fruit buffet. On the expensive side - I think you can find hotels that are as good for much cheaper, depending on what you want. Just one tip - make sure you are on the revamped floor (first Floor). According to other guests in the hotel the other floors are not so nice...

Room Tip: First Floor - revamped floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HotelLouvre, Responsable Hébergement at Le Louvre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Sir,
We thank you for your review as it helps us to improve our service.
We've taken all needed measures so be sure that your next stay we'll be decidedly better.
We're happy to know that you appreciated your room.
Please note that we also have revamped rooms on the second and the third floor.

Best regards
Barbra

Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

This place is a gem. Staff service is good but variable. Rooms are fabulous, spa beautiful but the gym is a joke - way too small! Beatiful modern design. Food very nice. Location is great. Price is very correct.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank zevadrouilleur
HotelLouvre, Responsable Hébergement at Le Louvre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you for your new review, as your comments help us to improve our services.
We're very happy to see that your stay was much better than the first.

Regards,
Barbra

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Located near some great eateries, a bank and retail shops this hotel was a delight to be in. I loved the breakfast in the morning and the staff were nice enough to give directions. The fitness too is small but can be useful if you are looking for just a simple workout. The pool is divine and located under the lobby, but the steam room was my favorite place to relax. I would stay there again should I ever return.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
HotelLouvre, Responsable Hébergement at Le Louvre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thanks for your review.
We're really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2013

The Hotel du Louvre is where I stay whenever I have to go on business to Antanarivo . Besides the good location , the hotel staff , specially at reception are courteous and friendly . To be greeted by your name when you have not seen a staff person for more than a year is always ( for me ) very special ) . Breakfast service has " new " system that is rather awkward : I refer to butter and ham , etc being under a counter that can not be accessed by patrons ! Television needs at least one or 2 more English channels . Rooms are OK , not too large and service in general quite good. Food at the restaurant or room service is of very good quality ( and room service is efficient ! For me no other hotel to choose when in " Tana ".

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.
Be sure that we'll pass it to our team.
We've just added an English TV (an indian one) and we'll try to add others next year.

Regards

Reviewed 27 May 2013

love the view. large and comfortable bed. loved the green patio. There is security outside the hotels, which is a big plus. The service is very good.
to improve, the bathroom a bit squeezed, needs some renovations.
the breakfast a bit more variety could only be better

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2013

The Hotel Le Louvre is both a hotel and a Spa. The rooms are comfortable and spacious with good finishes and attention to detail. Mini Bar is stocked and the pillows ample. For those who read my reviews will know that the bathrooms are the one facet of my stay that irks me the most.

Well I am afraid to say that the one thing lacking is the hot water and the pressure that I so desperately seek after a long hard day travelling and working in Africa.

I really should learn to write these reviews once the annoyance has abated. When you consider the obvious expense laid out on the decor, the finishes, why the heck can you not sort out the plumbing. But I did have running water......

A nice touch is the coffee machine in the room, but what is with only one Coffee cartridge. At least offer two that I can have a second cup in the mornings. More coffee please!!

The restaurant is spacious and the staff attentive. The meal was good, especially the Fois-gras as an entree. Prices are reasonable, but certainly out of the reach of local Malagasy people.

I have now stayed at 6 different hotels in Madagascar in Antananarivo over the past 3 years and this is by far the best experience so far. But get the water sorted.......

Room Tip: Ask for 4th or 5th floor as the view over the city is good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pilotdean
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I spent three weeks there on business. Great staff and great location in the heart of Tana. Sadly i probably won't be coming back but if I did......I'd be staying at Hotel du Louvre. A few tot's out side the hotel trying to sell you local art but one your by them it's smooth sailing thought the local streets and markets close by.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo