Amazing hotel in the centre of Antananarivo - full of twists, turns and corridors, all filled with fascinating artefacts and pictures - it would be worth coming here just to see these! We stayed in the suite, which was fantastic - right at the top of the hotel, stacks of space, beautifully decorated and with its own rooftop terrace - a very nice spot to have room service breakfast in the morning! There is a very popular restaurant in the hotel which seems to be booked out every night, so worth arranging your reservation in the morning. Food was very nice, and surprisingly well priced, and a good selection of drinks, including local wine which was really quite palatable!
Hotel is very central, with good proximity to lots of amenities. Reception staff very helpful and speak English which is good if your French isn't too hot (like ours...) Free WiFi available which works in most parts off the hotel. Lovely garden cafe/bar for breakfast (good value buffet or menu), lunch or just a drink.
Would definitely recommend the Sakamanga to anyone planning a visit to Tana, and we would stay here again in a flash if we return to Madagascar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in central vibrating Antananarivo, you will appreciate the peaceful atmosphere of Sakamanga. With its typical architecture, its traditional decoration (but with European standards equipments) Sakamanga is very original and different from basic standards hotels and you will certainly love its originality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Sakamanga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sakamanga Hotel Antananarivo
- Hotel Sakamanga Madagascar/Antananarivo