I went on a surf trip to Madagascar and was forced to overnight in Antananarivo which you should avoid if possible. If you have to stay to Tana, then you must stay at the hotel sakamanga. On the taxi ride from the airport you will swear you are being kidnapped and you will drive through the one of the filthiest cities on the planet but you will finally arrive at the hotel sakamanga on the top of a hill. it is an oasis in the pit of hell. It was such a refreshing find it was amazing. the service was great and the rooms were magnificent. they were large, clean and very well appointed. They would qualify as five star rooms in any city but especially in Tana. There is also a very good restaurant in the hotel so you don't have to risk venturing out into the city. I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in central vibrating Antananarivo, you will appreciate the peaceful atmosphere of Sakamanga. With its typical architecture, its traditional decoration (but with European standards equipments) Sakamanga is very original and different from basic standards hotels and you will certainly love its originality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Sakamanga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sakamanga Hotel Antananarivo
- Hotel Sakamanga Madagascar/Antananarivo