“I loved the food at Modi's !!!”
Review of Modi's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Modi's Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 24 July 2009

When I went to Malawi from India, I had trouble of getting Indian food. But Modi's Restaurant came to my rescue. I discovered this restaurant and found out to be among best. The cooked food was very balanced in spices, oil and everything seemed to be great. Great hospitality of Mr. Modi himself.
-Gaurav

1  Thank indiana_gs
Reviewed 6 January 2009

Five of us went here on our last night in Lilongwe. It was very quiet,and rather lacking in atmosphere, could have done with some music.
The other guests appeared to be fellow travellers, although there was a local Asian family who arrived and which to me seemed a good sign. However, a couple of hours after eating at Modi's, my 15 year old son was violently sick (projectile vomiting all over the bathroom - yes I had to clean it up! thanks Modi's!) And to think we had to pay for the pleasure!
What made it worse was that this took place during the night before we had to fly out of Lilongwe on a 31 hour journey which encompassed a break in Addis abbaba. We had to entertain the idea that he had malaria and consider that we perhaps should not fly - very stressful. Two days later, he has not had malaria, thank goodness, but is on the mend.

Both myself and my sister in law suffered from tummy troubles for about 24 hours afterwards but were not so serious.

The food was okay, but by no means outstanding.

Reviewed 5 January 2009

Modi's is a convinient place to eat in the old town. what I liked the most was it's fantastic prawn coctail and the freshly baked naan. The rest of the food was average, but well priced. Having a chat with the owner is a real bonous!

Reviewed 17 October 2008

Ordered appetizer Kachori, Naan, and Taandoori Chicken - out of this world!! Service is good and friendly wait staff.