“Superb Service Delivery”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lilongwe
Zomba, Malawi
“Superb Service Delivery”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My 10 day stay at Crossroads hotel was one of the great and memorable experiences in my life. I was warmly welcomed at the reception, I was escorted to my room and the room was beautifully furnished and extremely clean. The breakfast met my expectations as well and I was satisfied.

The location of the hotel is stratetigic in the sense that shops, banks etc are within a stone throw distsnce from the hotel.

One thing I liked the most was that house keeping staff were always ready to assist. They checked my room constantly to make sure I had all I needed to make my stay comfortable.

My ten day stay was like two days meaning it was not boring, infact I would want to stay on.

I strongly recommend Crossroads Hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CrossroadsHotel, Guest Relations Officer at Crossroads Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thanks for the review. The Crossroads Hotel Team is looking forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have used a few hotels in Blantyre and ever since I used Crossroads I have come back due to comfort, hospitality and good food at CopperPot...

A bit pricey for the finishes but very convenient for most places around.

Room Tip: TV is small and old fashion.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CrossroadsHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Crossroads Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. The Crossroads Hotel Team is very glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to welcome you again soon! :-)
Lilongwe, Malawi
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Crossroads Hotel is ideally situated in the heart of Lilongwe . it has a wonderfull inhouse restuarant which has some amazing food. speciality Indian. it has a conference centre plus a magnificent hall which can be hired for various functions. only problem is that the rooms need a bit of upgrading. most especially the plumbing. also the breakfast which is served compared to other hotels is very bland .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank imi2013
CrossroadsHotel, Guest Relations Officer at Crossroads Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
The Crossroads Hotel Team appreciates your comment. We hope to have you dine with us again at The Copper Pot Restaurant in the near future.

Apologies for the standard of the breakfast. We are always looking into improving our food to match the standards of the Hotel.

Per your comment, We are getting most of the rooms that had a few issues maintained to the right standards. This phase should not take us too long as they were only a few of them. Be certain of a better room on your next visit.
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

A reliable, no nonsense hotel about 40 minutes from the airport. It's in a shopping mall so something going on around. Try and get a deal on superior room but the standard looks good enough for short stay. Wifi isn't great but it does continue to work at the airport as everywhere seems to have Skyband.
A rarity in that rooms have hair dryers as most African hotels of my acquaint don't.
The copper pot restaurant serves good Indian food but watch the prices, this is Lilongwe not London.
Odd quirk; a bottle of tonic water is cheaper in the hotel bar than the local supermarket.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
We appreciate your review. I must admit our Internet reception has been quiet a struggle for us but be assured We are doing everything to our best to provide a more reliable Internet service experience to our guests. It shouldn't take us too long to have this problem sorted out.

With regards to the Copper Pot Restaurant pricing, it definitely comes with the fine dining experience. However we will try make our prices more affordable and to the convenience of our customers. See you again soon.
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel is quite good to stay, very decent, quite. The good part again is situated in very good location. The staff there are amazing and always helpful.I have recommended it to my colleagues and my friends that it is a place to stay. Wish the management and staff the best. Thank you for the good hospitality that gave me during my stay with u.

• Stayed May 2014
Thanks for the great review. I'll pass on your commendations to the rest of the Team. Hope to see you back soon.
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is set in a nice location with clean, airy, carpeted rooms. The decor is simple and pleasing to the eye. The staff are warm and helpful. The meals offered under the conferencing package especially the breakfast was bland and boring. The meals at the restaurant located near the pool area are way better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great review. Will pass on your comment with regards to breakfast and make all changes to make your next experience much better.

We are always striving to meet and exceed our guests expectations and this comment comes in handy. Hope to welcome you back soon.
Edenvale, South Africa
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Good venue , found it a bit pricey
Great restaurants in complex and you can choose where to dine
Rooms are cosy , but needed more cleanliness and a good spray of aroma
Well a situated in a great shopping center with an ankhs all around

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business