Wendels Guest House
Jumia Travel
US$237
Cancelon
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgovernment officestea and coffeebeautiful gardena great place to stayhome from homemelinternetkettleloungepower
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was the last of our hotels on a recent work trip to Malawi - definitely the least authentic in terms of real African vibe, but yes, comfortable, homely and with very good service from Tom and his small team. Rooms are fine if a bit tired. The guidance in the rooms warns of water pressure drops after 7.00am - THEY ARE NOT KIDDING! Don't even dream of a shower after that time in the morning! As a homely type of guest house, don't expect a choice of meals but what is offered is nice. Small pool and very pleasant garden grounds, including a trampoline and nice swing seat. The price was high compared with other hotels we stayed in.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sunloverLanark
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I spent a week in Wendels in October and it was excellent.
Nice courtyard and swimming pool, employees are very welcoming and nice.
Everything was done for us to feel at home.
We will come back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Finally stayed here after many visits to Malawi where I previously stayed at the bigger hotels. I would definitely stay at Wendels again! Mel and Tom are great, extremely helpful when my bags didn't arrive. The place is extremely relaxing, with a nice courtyard and swimming pool. It is also located just a short walk from the lovely Four Seasons restaurant and cafe, where there are fresh salads for lunch from their own garden. They also have two beautiful friendly dogs - including the last golden retriever bred in Malawi! Only thing that is a bit less business friendly is having to pay with cash. I recognize this is common throughout Malawi but in such a nice place, catering to international visitors, I would hope they can find a way around this in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I've stayed at Wendel's a few times over the past few years and it is nice each time. The location is great and being able to spend a weekend in their garden or the one down the street is great. Always clean, safe and with great food!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank wonderlust234
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have stayed at Wendels before and it remains a very comfortable and homely place to stay whilst on business in Lilongwe. This time my 2 week trip meant I spent a weekend and a public holiday here, and I barely left the place! The rooms are large, well equipped and comfortable, and the public areas are plentiful (gardens, verandah, and big TV lounge). Mel and Tom go out of their way to make you feel at home, and the other staff are also great. Unusually for a guesthouse, restaurant quality (actually - better than Lilongwe restaurant quality!) 3 course dinners are available. Wendels will continue to be my accommodation of choice in Lilongwe - just remember to book early as us repeat visitors keep it very much in demand!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business