“Great hotel if you really want to experience Lilongwe”

Bridgeview Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Lilongwe
Cape Town, SA
“Great hotel if you really want to experience Lilongwe”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel for a week and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. When there were things that needed attention, they were addressed immediately after a quick word with the manager/owner Irfan Sattar. Irfan was onsite often enough to keep a close eye on things and is clearly totally guest-focussed, which in my opinion is the secret to the success of any establishment. Thank-you for being so keen to try to meet all my needs. And thank you for Rodrick - the most humble, polite, kind porter who made my stay in Malawi that much more interesting and enlightening.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

i attended this Hotel with no great expectations following previous reviews on Trip Advisor. I have to say i was more than pleasantly surprised however with the standard on accommodation, the politeness of the staff, the quality of service and with the overall experience. i would have no concern at all with using the Bridgeview again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip. Was a bit concerned about some reviews before i went. What a pleasant surprise. Good service,good location, good value and clean. Food was good and egg station at breakfast was really good. I would recommend

Room Tip: Good exchange rate in hotel
Coventry
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I regularly stay at Bridgeview and have always found the hotel clean and well serviced, the rooms are ver generously sized, with the manager Ifan always ready to go the extra mile. The hotel is well located in the old town of Lilongwe, very close to the Shoprite, Spar and a number of good restaurants and bars. I tend to eat out, but I can recommend the Emporers toast!

Recently we held a mini conference and the staff and management really went the extra mile.

Downside: I like a beer and this hotel is dry, but this is not a big deal as there are a number of drinking holes to meet that need.

Room Tip: Try for a room facing north. The rooms can be a bit dark and the main road can get a bit noisy.
1 Thank AfropeanJoe
UK
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 12 days, and also used their conference facilities.

Bridgeview was a great hotel, staff were attentive and friendly without being over the top, rooms were clean, and the showers hot!! Conference room was cleaned daily, with a/c and sound system provided.

Apparently they have a new house-keeping manager - which has meant the service and cleanliness has greatly improved. Rooms cleaned daily, and sheets changed daily as well

Good location close to the good restaurents in lilongwe, and also the spar/peoples mart/etc

Good points:
Authentic indian food !!
Large spacious rooms
Helpful staff
Free wi-fi!!!
Reasonable exchange rate of currency!!

Bad points:
The laundry service staples numbers to your clothes - which if you forget about is uncomfortable when you wear them!!!

1 Thank Psolanky
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

If going to Lilongwe, one good option is to stay in the Bridgeview hotel. I know my stay there goes back a few years, and I hope that they have maintained the quality of service that was presented to me back then.
I stayed in the hotel for over a month with three other colleagues. As far as I remember, the service was overall excellent., good internet wi-fi access ,. The rooms were clean and staff attentive to your needs. I cannot remember the exact prices, but it must have been around 80 USD or so, regardless, it was way cheaper than the traditional other hotels and co types. .I retain a good impression of the hotel and its staff. One of my colleagues frequently returns there on his trips to Lilongwe and has not complained about it. I can't remember the contacts, but will try to dig through my archives and find something and then post it. Otherwise, any taxi driver should be able to take you there.
Liked — Better than the
Disliked — nooooooooooooooooo

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I was on a two week business trip in Malawi, 1 week in Blantyre and the final week in Lilongwe. I checked in on the 30 June. The next 3 nights were utter nightmare at this place. The room was big and spacious, but very dirty. The carpet was dirty. The wardrobe was so dusty, i needed a face-mask to clean it before unpacking my bags. Electric wires were hanging loosely on the head board of the bed (serious hazard). In the bathroom just above the window was a big blood stain. The water in the shower took a long time to drain. Sheets appear to have been changed once during my 4 nights.

First night I ordered chicken curry in the restaurant. I regretted this decision as I nearly lost a tooth while persevering with a very hard lump of something that shouldn't be called chicken.
During the 4 days i was there I picked cockroaches on 2 separate days during breakfast. Showed this to the staff and asked but failed to see the manager.

Never in my life have I seen one place so overstaffed with employees who have no clue what customer service means. It was not uncommon to see up to 6 employees around the reception area, doing absolutely nothing but staring at guests without a simple 'good morning'.

It was difficult to change this place as we had booked the conference centre for our training workshops, and changing the venue at the last minute would seriously inconvenience our traveling delegates. This is a place I never want to go back to even if it was the last one standing, never ever! So be warned - try it at your own risk!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business