“Good food, lovely setting”
Review of Ama Khofi

Ama Khofi
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Lilongwe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Washington, DC
“Good food, lovely setting”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Ana Khofi is my favorite place in Lilongwe. The food is good - not amazing - but good quality sandwiches and salads. The setting is very peaceful, with a lovely fountain and next to lots of beautiful plants at the nursery. While the food is not cheap, it is a good value with plentiful portions. The cheese burger is the best in Lilongwe, and the salads are always fresh and crisp. I have tried several of the wraps and sandwiches and they are tasty as well. The cheesecake and carrot cake were disappointing, but the homemade ice cream was excellent. I'm surprised about the comments on poor service. The servers were attentive - a little too eager for my taste. We had barely sat down before someone wanted to take our order. We needed a minute to look at the menu and four different people came by in five minutes to ask if we were ready to order. It seemed a little disorganized. Despite that, this is my favorite place for a nice lunch or snack.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Lilongwe, Malawi
“Average food...Poor Service”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Last week I went out with a bunch of my friends for a coffee and a late lunch. The surroundings were beautiful and it was peaceful however the food was alright it fulled you up and looks pretty on the plate other than that it is pretty average. The service was terrible I was one of the first of my friends to arrive and I sat on the balcony part and no one came up to take my order or to see if I needed anything for 15min. It was only until i had to walk up to the reception and get a waiter from there. Then when it was time to order it took a while because the waiter couldn't understand what we were ordering, even when we were pointing to the item on the menu. The one thing that I can say about this is that you should only go there if you want the Iced-Tea and nothing else, but that actually could take you a while to even order.

• Visited July 2013
Glasgow, Scotland.
“Lovely lunches & surroundings”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Set in a garden centre this is a great place away from the noise and dust of Lilongwe.The food is excellent with an asian touch. Coconut Lahksa with chicken or veg, roti roll, samosas all feature along with very good burgers and sandwiches.

Someone makes terrific pastries and cakes - the shortbread and lemon slice are light and just perfect. A place I will never tire of.

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrific food in a very pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I wish that Ana Khofi had been open evenings - I would have eaten there every evening. This restaurant is just my style - an ecclectic menu of healthy, delicious, and fresh options. The iced tea is delicious as are the salads and sandwiches. A definite must-visit during a trip to Lilongwe but keep in mind they close at 5pm.

• Visited May 2013
Anduze, France
“Beautiful site - food unexceptional, service uninspired”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

For a light meal, the location is very inviting and informal. However, the service was not very friendly, unfortunate in such a beautiful place. The meal was OK - but certainly not memorable (for better or worse!); I ate salad with no nasty side effects - suspect they get it fresh from the neighbouring Four Seasons plant nursery (which has a striking range of veg as well as flowers and trees!) We didn't try the deserts - though they looked tempting.

• Visited May 2013