“Very good experience”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Award nominated chef Richard Greenhall and Andrew O'Hallaran have created an eclectic menu, that transports the diner from Lake Malawi to Asia and the distant Mediterranean.The list of fifty superior wines from South Africa, complements the culinary journey, turning every meal into a special occasion.Dinner in the main restaurant is relaxed, whilst lunch al fresco on the terrace by the pool and gardens, is sublime.
Beira, Mozambique
“Very good experience”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I went to Latitude 13 for the first time with clients. The restaurant has an interesting atmosphere and the staff is very friendly. The food came quickly after we placed our order and all was delivered properly at the same time for a large group of people. Each dish was prepared with a lot of attention to detail and looked very nice. The taste was very good. I hope I can come back one day.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank chrisrod1

Saskatchewan, Canada
“Likely the nicest special occasion restaurant in Lilongwe”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Very nice ambiance,,,a bit upscale and edgy - it could be a steak house in Toronto or New York. The menu includes beef and lamb dishes as well as other dishes. We enjoyed chocolate lava cake for dessert. Service is good and more in the style of North America than other local places. This is pricey for Lilongwe but you can expect to pay what you would pay for a special meal out in North America.

It is a bit out of the way and hard to find so if you are going by taxi, make sure they know where it is before you set off.

Visited March 2014
Fano, Italy
“Too kitch and too expensive”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've been to Latitude 13 in october 2013. The atmosphere is for sure amazing. For my persinal point of view it ia too kitch but I admit that is amazing. I expected the food was at the same level but it wasn't: the meet wasn't tender at all. Everything was too spicy and too expensive.

• Visited October 2013
Palo Alto, California
“Order the banana dessert early”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We ate twice in Latitude 13 as part of a group that had been to the restaurant before so we had advice as to what to order. The first time my husband and I ordered the fried haloumi cheese salad, the nut crusted chambo, and the french onion soup, all to share. (Chambo is a kind of tilapia.) The waitress was very good about our sharing but she forgot the soup. That turned out to be lucky as it meant we could share a dessert. (The portions are not enormous but we are light eaters. No one else in the group shared plates.)

We had been told that the chocolate lava cake was not exceptional so we ordered the banana caramel pie instead. (It's not called a pie, I've forgotten the name.) They were out of it by the time we were ready for dessert so we ordered the chocolate lava cake instead. As a chocoholic and dessert fiend I have to say the chocolate cake was OK but not great.

The second time we were there we ordered the same 2, excellent, dishes, skipped the soup and asked for the banana dessert to be brought with our meal. After a few incredulous requests to be sure that was what we wanted, that was what we got. It was definitely the right choice.

Also, the first time we were at Latitude 13 we had just arrived in Africa and I ordered a bottle of water even though there was a flask of boiled and filtered water on the table. The waitress tried to discourage me but I was brain washed about not drinking the local water. I shouldn't have bothered - later in the meal we drank the table water (as did all the others in our group) without any problem. This is an extremely clean and safe restaurant with an international clientele.

• Visited May 2014
Milan, Italy
“What a pleasant surprise in the warm heart of Africa.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A colleague brought me here for dinner and what a nice surprise. The restaurant is modernly and elegantly designed with great seating space inside, on the veranda and/or in the garden, and top quality furnishings which makes a real difference for the whole dining experience. The menu was condensed but very good. I had a mixed fish starter that really surprised me by its quality and tastiness. And then i had a red curry (with pork) which also surprised me and reminded me of days in Thailand. The staff was extremely attentive and friendly in just the right way for such a place. Regarding prices, they seemed normal and as expected to me--no surprises. I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere and will certainly return and recommend this restaurant to others. It also has a boutique hotel incorporated in the site The manager let us have a look and they are the coolest, cleanest, most modern rooms I have seen in Malawi to date. Again, in all, it was a very nice surprise and enjoyable dinner.

• Visited May 2014