“Good food but incredibly slow!”
Review of Dolce Vita - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Dolce Vita
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We used to love going to Dolce Vita, good food and decent prices for lunch. But now, the service is so slow! An hour to get a salad. Twice now we have had to leave because after 65 minutes we still had no food and it wasn't even busy. While I like the food, unless there is an improvement in the time it takes to prepare the food we won't be going back. If you don't have 2 hours, I wouldn't bother.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Dolce Vita offers good pizzas and prompt service. I have not tried anything but their pizzas, which have all been excellent. The crust is very thin and crispy. The "regular" is a good size for one person. The ingredients are very fresh and the prices are reasonable - about 1800-2000 kwacha for a pizza for one. The service is pleasant and quite quick even when the restaurant is fairly busy at lunch.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

I went there with a business client to have a light lunch. It took the waiter about 15 minutes to bring us menus or ask for anything to drink. Although we ordered simple meals, it took 35 minutes for the food to arrive and the restaurant was not even busy. The food is average and I think time can be better spent.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Although the ownership changed recently of the supermarket next door (and the butchery went halaal - thus imposing new meat supply rules) and bacon went off the breakfast menu it is now back! The Dolce Vita does good pizzas, their lunchtime specials are always good value and the Saturday all day breakfast is a lifesaver. Generally good all round with attentive service and reasonable prices for Lilongwe. They are not open evenings except one day a week and closed Sundays.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

I first visited this place last year for a business lunch and enjoyed it. There were Malawian dishes on the menu for my colleagues who don't consider a meal a meal unless it contains nsima. Upon my return this year, the prices had gone up considerably and there is no more Malawian cuisine. The vegetable curry I ordered was tasty but the portion size was tiny and the price was high for what it was (basically about 1/3 of a cup of veggies). There were also swarms of flies on the terrace. Won't be going back.