“the biggest smoking hotel of Bamako”
Review of Hotel Le Loft

Hotel Le Loft
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Bamako
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Rooms are ok as they are big even though not so well maintained...but the worst thing of this hotel are the common areas. the entire hotel is a smoking room, during breakfeast you have people around smoking, windows closed, during diner the same. for that reason if you are a non smoker I would really avoid this place.

Room Tip: rooms in the back side
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Romain D

Reviewed 11 September 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by Hotel Le Loft. It was a nice little hotel with comfortable and clean rooms. It had a nice feel to it and the staff was always friendly and helpful. My only complaint was that it is RIGHT on the road... My room had quite a bit of road noise. Maybe it would have been better at the back of the hotel?

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank tommydphoto
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The hotel is ok. Rooms have a good size and are clean. The restaurant is quite nice. A good option for a couple of nights in Bamako. Bad experience with the driver that they called for us. We arrange for him to take us to Djenne and tried to rip us off at the last minute. I would reccommend you to try organize something with a well establlished travel agency or at least negotiate a price that is all inclusive.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mariana M
Reviewed 15 September 2011

After staying in characterless hotels in British ex-colonies in Africa this hotel was a welcome change. This is not a fancy hotel, and everything is just functional. The best part of the hotel was the restaurant and the French lady owner who is very friendly. Personal service by the staff and atmosphere was great. My host made the booking for business but was certainly a better choice than other places that I stayed in Bamako! Would I recommend this hotel? Yes!

• Stayed: September 2011
5  Thank familytraveller5
Reviewed 23 August 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a week, by my second day however I was calling around for substitutes but the rooms were full.
The hotel rooms were tired but clean. I had a rest room that overlooked the main street and had to creep in and out of the rest room to avoid being seen from the street below (there were no shades over the windows!)
There were a lot of mosquitoes but thankfully the management did something about it when I asked for my room to be sprayed. But I think they should be more conscious of the general environment spraying not just the rooms as the mosquitoes were back the next day after my room was cleaned and the door left open by the workers.
Generally, I had an okay experience.
Major setback being the spoiled pancakes that were served for breakfast the third day of my stay. Any chef would know they were bad and it bothered me they still served them like that.
When I asked when they were made the waiter said they night before. I think they should be a bit more cautious about the food they serve.
The hotel staff were friendly and willing to help but the cigar smoke was too much for me to handle and for a pregnant woman, I found the environment very unhealthy. The only place I could stay free from the smoke was cooped up in my room and I couldn't be in my room forever...
I would be back only if there are no options. This was my first trip to Bamako and I wouldn't have chosen the hotel myself.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 December 2010

I moved to this place to spend a weekend after having been to an overpriced, ugly hotel for a conference in Bamako. What a relief! Very nice interior, very reasonable rates, wireless, friendly and helpful staff, and an excellent restaurant. The only disadvantage was the main road in front of the hotel. But I recommend this hotel, will come back here whenever I am in Bamako.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
12  Thank dspalthoff
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Hotel is in a central location on a main road. Can be a bit noisy at night. Was clean and a pretty good value. Not quite 5 out of 5 though. Didn't have much character.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business