“I would travel back to Bamako just to see the sisters from the Mission Catholique!!”
Review of Mission Catholique

Mission Catholique
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bamako
Mission Catholique
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Bamako
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 28 February 2010

I stayed at the mission after a building project in Tirelli. I had some time in Bamako and decided to go here. The sisters Jann and Alba (not sure how to spell names) made my ENTIRE month in Mali worthwhile. They are the kindest, most inviting and warm people I met at any point in my trip though Mali, Morocco, France, and the UK. I had gotten in a bad situation in which I took a picture of the sunset and a man thought I was taking pictures of him. It was clear by the pictures that I was photographing the sunset, but the man insisted and began grabbing at my camera and shouting causing a huge ordeal in the middle of the street with people all stopping to join in. I ran back to the mission and the sisters immediately jumped into action. For a very tense few hours the situation became under control ONLY after the sisters stood by me and went so far out of there way for me that it would take a novel to describe everything they did that day to help. They are simply one of a kind!! Not only that, They keep the sitting areas, kitchens and rooms spotless, it is a cab ride from anything, and a good restaurant across the street. I stayed at a nice hotel (Hotel Tamana) as well and would never go back. Terrible service and tried cheating us on the bill. Get to know the sisters at the Mission and you will see. I plan to stay in touch with them and write letters/emails, they are so great!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo