Rasoi by Vineet at Le Saint Geran
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Indian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

absolutely fabulous food lobster was gorgeous staff so attentive and we sat over the bay incredible view

Visited April 2013
1 Thank foreverautumn63

Paris, France
“Interesting & Modern”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

The vegetarian dishes were the best I've had on Mauritius. The restaurant is very calming, situated on a small pier over the bay, with nice lighting and excellent service. The food is completely modern and equally delicious. We enjoyed watching the ducks sleeping in the waves below.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Alexachrista
Jamestown St Helena
“Excellent restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

We ate one evening at the Rasoi Indian restaurant which is attached to Le Saint Geran in Mauritius. The food, it's presentation and the service were excellent as was the setting. It's certainly worth a visit if staying at the hotel.

• Visited January 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

fabulous setting, the bar , no cocktail too much trouble, brilliant food, with a different menu to most Indian restaurants, we will never forget it.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank S R
“Really??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I came there with a friend as we heard a lot bout this place and thort it's obligatory for us to try. To begin with , the starter-scallops with kidney beans were not seasoned enough. Though the deco was good. Right choice of plating for the dish . The lamb chop was good, cooked within the right time , however the accompaniment with green pees was having too much cumin , too dominating for the dish . Two times the dish was delivered to the center of the restaurant ,when our table was the first on the right, nd only then brought to the table . The absence of plate presentation gives a feeling of a lack of sophistication and experience of the serving staff. Lastly, in this doomed ambience of a place a waiter jogging to your call just doesn't do the thing . I am not a food critic , cannot go into full details of the taste palate of the main course bt my chili tomato shrimps tasted very average and didn't stand up for my expectations . The tomato sauce had this taste of tinned tomato pasta used at home for a quick spaghetti bolognese by a very busy mother to feed the family of some sort of dinner. And again the third time my plate was brought to the center of the terrace Nd thn only reversed to my table. The other waitress probably called sick today, so the food was brought by a hostess or sm other lady in a dress, so the description of the plate took an absence once again. I am picky on my deserts so I ordered an icecream , which was good. Although I doubt there is more classification to a nice cream , it's either good or not. And then finally the only presentation of the dish occurred with the coffee perlines. Odd.
Lastly , I personally go to the restaurants for a good ambience, food and service combined . However, when a waiter gets his bill paid from another table and while passing by next to you sights cz he wasn't tipped well...hmm..tough job isnt it ?
My overall impression is good , but this Michelin title in bold tht is projected in every Internet line if this restaurant doesn't suit the reality .

• Visited January 2014