“Excellent food, wonderful location, and superb service”

Rasoi by Vineet at Le Saint Geran
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My friend from Concierge of the Lux Belle Mare hotel, Mr. Gopee, recommended Le Rasoi by Vineet to me after the 2 guys (Santu and Anand) from Safran restaurant (at Le Touessrok resort) thought they were the most important restaurant in the world and told me they were busy for 1 week (among many other lies). For that incident, please refer to my review on Safran separately. I was also encouraged to visit Le Rasoi b/c I had an excellent experience at Vineet's restaurant in Dubai.

So I went with Mr. Gopee's recommendation. I went with my newly-wed wife for a romantic dinner, both of us love Indian food and we consider ourselves to be well experienced in that cuisine. The booking went smoothly and friendly. I went in a taxi and at the main gate of the hotel I received a very warm welcome. Mind you, the entrance to St Geran One and Only Hotel is like a fairy tale. I received an even bigger welcome at the restaurant. We sat by the bar and had nice virgin drinks (my virgin bloody mary was one of the best). Half hour later we were shown to our table (which was ready from the beginning, but we chose to sit by the bar).

The whole seating is magical, in the middle of the water. Our waiter was Mukesh. I have rarely come across a waiter with that level of courtesy, hospitality, knowledge of the menu, knowledge of the restaurant scene and history in the country, and experience working abroad. I eagerly listened to his experience in South Africa and Chelsea. Next time we are in Mauritius, we will definitely go visit him wherever he is working.

We ordered mixed grilled seafood for a starter, and for the main course we ordered chicken masala and lamb with apricots, and safron rice. I LOVED the food. The portions were big, and the service was so attentive to the smallest of details. We were treated like royalty, and so were all the other dine-in guests.

We also ordered the passion fruit sorbet and mint infusion.

Although this experience comes with a higher than average bill, but I paid it with a very big smile and an eagerness to come back soon.

I left the restaurant with a new friend (Mr. Mukesh), and I was so happy that Safran restaurant was so busy and couldnt accommodate 2 honeymooners for a whole week. I wish that they will remain busy eternally so that I dont have to spend a single rupee over there.

2  Thank Osama K

Reviewed 10 March 2014

absolutely fabulous food lobster was gorgeous staff so attentive and we sat over the bay incredible view

1  Thank foreverautumn63
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The vegetarian dishes were the best I've had on Mauritius. The restaurant is very calming, situated on a small pier over the bay, with nice lighting and excellent service. The food is completely modern and equally delicious. We enjoyed watching the ducks sleeping in the waves below.

1  Thank Alexachrista
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We ate one evening at the Rasoi Indian restaurant which is attached to Le Saint Geran in Mauritius. The food, it's presentation and the service were excellent as was the setting. It's certainly worth a visit if staying at the hotel.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

fabulous setting, the bar , no cocktail too much trouble, brilliant food, with a different menu to most Indian restaurants, we will never forget it.

1  Thank Greg R