“My AWESOME three weeks at Le Suffren”

Le Suffren Hotel & Marina
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Port Louis
Reviewed 2 November 2013

So when I arrived at the hotel I was greeted with a warm smile from Andesi, Graziella, Stephanie, Michael and of course Siva - great Management you have :)

Then upon embarking to Le Caudan to join my awesome Microsoft team, I experienced a water taxi for the first time in my life, and I would like to thank Lindsay and Rishie for an amazing experience throughout my stay.

I truly enjoyed the 5 star menu at the restaurant with awesome service from Vikash & Avinash, and of course my weekends were complimented with awesome drinks from ON THE ROCKS - you need to get in contact with Arvino, Fabiano, Jayshan, Dylan & Stacy, never a late drink, but then again this is a great team lead by Neetin & Clayton with whom I had many great conversations about London and our (Clayton & I) homeland South Africa. My highlight bar moments were the happy hour on Friday(s) where the hotel transforms into a nightclub, however I am sad that I will be missing a great party tonight with International DJs (JD Davis & Junior Jack)

I will certainly be back in the coming months, and would certainly recommend Le Suffren not just for business travel, but for the occasional globetrotter. You are bound to enjoy the amazing gym facilities, pool with artificial beach (good for some time with your favorite book), and for the ultimate relaxation please visit the spa and make use of your complimentary 60 minute massage of your choice, please ask for Shalini, Sara will be able to help you with that.

Thank you to the entire Le Suffren team for the awesome hospitality, and waking me up after a rough night to ensure I didn't miss my tour of beautiful Mauritius.

A major part of my hospitality was always finding my room fresh and clean after work, and my minibar always refilled, and my towels changed before I needed to ask.

Au revoir and see you soon - YOU all rock.

I will be back in a flash :)

Regards
Dan

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is well located in the city centre and next to a pleasant marina. The room rate is also competitive compared with simiar properties. Check in was straight forward but this hotel is another out dated example of charging guests for wifi or cable connection in the room. In fairness, wifi connection in the lobby is free of charge. The magnetic room cards can be difficult to use unless you use the key precisely the right way. The hotel is on 3 floors. If you are staying on the middle floor where the bobby is located, thats fine but if you are on the ground or 2nd floor, you will have to hike your bags up and down the stairs as there is no elevator. So ask for a room on the same floor as reception.

Room Tip: choose a room on the same floor as reception or else you will have to hike your bags up and down the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank roryjdoyle
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel has its best staff working at check in and the house maids. The restaurant staff are robots programmed to give lousy service. Breakfast would work better if they had a coffee machine to self serve. Each cup you want including the first needs you to physically walk over to someone and plead for a cup.
The bar located on the water is lovely however the one waiter was able to perfect the 30 min time limit from when you order the drink from him to when you get it. It was not busy. The veg Indian curry in the restaurant was a genourous portion but tasted like cardboard.
The room is ok but beware the dirty duvet that is poorly covered by 2 sheets. I woke up with it in my face and wondered when would it have been cleaned last. Otherwise room was very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank hornstravels
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Le suffren Hotel is conveniently situated close to the port and town centre of Port Louis. There is also a free ferry accross the harbour to the large shopping mall. The public rooms of the hotel are well appointed and kept in pristine condition. We had agarden room on the ground floor which was excellent with a good view of the grounds and particularly convenient for the pool area. Menue was comprehensive and food standard was good, but not brilliant. Would recommend this hotel particularly for visitor joining or leaving a cruise from Mauritius.

Room Tip: Request a garden room on ground floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was staying with my partner who was on a business trip so spent a lot of time on my own. It was very pleasant sitting by the pool, in the bar, by the waterfront and convenient for the shops, restaurants and city which was reached by free water taxi (literally 2 minutes). The room was very nice. Our experience of the staff was variable - front of house very good, but elsewhere they could be a bit distant. We paid for Wi-Fi in our room but it didn't connect, and it was difficult to connect in the free public areas also, which is a problem when you are on a business trip! We complained on leaving and the money was refunded without a fuss. Breakfast was a puzzle and we were never quite sure what was included and what wasn't (as in there was a menu, and some days we were offered eggs and some days not). We had one meal in the restaurant which was fine but overpriced.
I twice asked about a price list for the spa and was told one would be delivered to the room. It was not so they didn't get my business!
Overall I thought the hotel very nice and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and can't fault. The room was comfy: decent bed, large TV, coffee making facilities and wired Internet connection. Bathroom was good sized with bath and shower. Breakfast wasn't great but I only ate from the buffet, I'd didn't order extra. The restaurant food is however very good. Staff were all very windy and helpful.

Although checkin was after 2pm, I got my room at 7.00am without a problem.

The only criticism I had was the bar on Friday night, as mentioned by others here. After a day of meetings / work there was no where but my room to have a quiet drink. The hotel bar is a popular spot on Friday nights.

Wild recommend this hotel and would stay again if in Mauritius for work.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank daveh104
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The hotel sits on a river near the port. The rooms are clean and the staff friendly and helpful. In-room Internet is expensive but there are areas in the hotel where wi fi is available at no cost. Although the property advertises a pool and fitness facility these are in fact not part of the hotel but its sister facility across the river. A small free shuttle boat runs back and forth between the two facilities. Both facilities honour billing to your room in their restaurants. The on site restaurant has a lovely breakfast buffet included with the room rate, and the service is generally good, with occasional lapses. Dinner menu is not extensive but food nicely prepared and presented.. Many fish choices, and some dishes quite spivey. . If staying for any length of time an upgraded room is worth the money for the extra space and furnishings. A room facing the river is generally preferred, but expect a lot of noise on Friday nights from the club below especially when ships crews are in. The hotel is an easy walk to basic shopping and short cab ride to major business section.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
#1 of 1 in Ebene
The Address Boutique Hotel
The Address Boutique Hotel
#1 of 2 in Terre Rouge

Been to Le Suffren Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!