“A beatiful place”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Port Louis
Mauritius
“A beatiful place”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

On Friday night we have a wonderful dinner at the Sufren. It was very gorgeous the staff was very caring with us, after each plate the chef came and asked us if it was good. My thanks to everyone how prepare all the dishes that we have had once more time many tkanks

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 2 November 2013

If you are doing business in Port Louis, then this is a more relaxed Business hotel and in a greta location. The rooms represent good value and it has a good restauarant and great bar, inside and outside, if you are looking for a relaxing drink in the evening or lunch. The management is very good and will deal with ay requests in a very custoenmr friemdly way. Wi-fi is not free in the rooms, but is in the public areas. (Note: wi-fi and internet connection is not really very good anywhere on the island.) If you are staying a Friday night they have very (very) lively events in their terrace bar (Rocks) and it is pretty loud, so if you want peace/quiet that night ask for a room at the back. If you are staying for more than a week, absolutley try the Apartments they have there, they offer a very comfortable self-catering stay, with all the facitlies of the hotelle if you want them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Marina, but if you want peace and quiet on a Friday night ask for a room a...
1 Thank TutinsPony
Johannesburg
Reviewed 2 November 2013

So when I arrived at the hotel I was greeted with a warm smile from Andesi, Graziella, Stephanie, Michael and of course Siva - great Management you have :)

Then upon embarking to Le Caudan to join my awesome Microsoft team, I experienced a water taxi for the first time in my life, and I would like to thank Lindsay and Rishie for an amazing experience throughout my stay.

I truly enjoyed the 5 star menu at the restaurant with awesome service from Vikash & Avinash, and of course my weekends were complimented with awesome drinks from ON THE ROCKS - you need to get in contact with Arvino, Fabiano, Jayshan, Dylan & Stacy, never a late drink, but then again this is a great team lead by Neetin & Clayton with whom I had many great conversations about London and our (Clayton & I) homeland South Africa. My highlight bar moments were the happy hour on Friday(s) where the hotel transforms into a nightclub, however I am sad that I will be missing a great party tonight with International DJs (JD Davis & Junior Jack)

I will certainly be back in the coming months, and would certainly recommend Le Suffren not just for business travel, but for the occasional globetrotter. You are bound to enjoy the amazing gym facilities, pool with artificial beach (good for some time with your favorite book), and for the ultimate relaxation please visit the spa and make use of your complimentary 60 minute massage of your choice, please ask for Shalini, Sara will be able to help you with that.

Thank you to the entire Le Suffren team for the awesome hospitality, and waking me up after a rough night to ensure I didn't miss my tour of beautiful Mauritius.

A major part of my hospitality was always finding my room fresh and clean after work, and my minibar always refilled, and my towels changed before I needed to ask.

Au revoir and see you soon - YOU all rock.

I will be back in a flash :)

Regards
Dan

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is well located in the city centre and next to a pleasant marina. The room rate is also competitive compared with simiar properties. Check in was straight forward but this hotel is another out dated example of charging guests for wifi or cable connection in the room. In fairness, wifi connection in the lobby is free of charge. The magnetic room cards can be difficult to use unless you use the key precisely the right way. The hotel is on 3 floors. If you are staying on the middle floor where the bobby is located, thats fine but if you are on the ground or 2nd floor, you will have to hike your bags up and down the stairs as there is no elevator. So ask for a room on the same floor as reception.

Room Tip: choose a room on the same floor as reception or else you will have to hike your bags up and down the...
1 Thank roryjdoyle
dubai
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel has its best staff working at check in and the house maids. The restaurant staff are robots programmed to give lousy service. Breakfast would work better if they had a coffee machine to self serve. Each cup you want including the first needs you to physically walk over to someone and plead for a cup.
The bar located on the water is lovely however the one waiter was able to perfect the 30 min time limit from when you order the drink from him to when you get it. It was not busy. The veg Indian curry in the restaurant was a genourous portion but tasted like cardboard.
The room is ok but beware the dirty duvet that is poorly covered by 2 sheets. I woke up with it in my face and wondered when would it have been cleaned last. Otherwise room was very clean.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank hornstravels
Bristol
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Le suffren Hotel is conveniently situated close to the port and town centre of Port Louis. There is also a free ferry accross the harbour to the large shopping mall. The public rooms of the hotel are well appointed and kept in pristine condition. We had agarden room on the ground floor which was excellent with a good view of the grounds and particularly convenient for the pool area. Menue was comprehensive and food standard was good, but not brilliant. Would recommend this hotel particularly for visitor joining or leaving a cruise from Mauritius.

Room Tip: Request a garden room on ground floor
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I was staying with my partner who was on a business trip so spent a lot of time on my own. It was very pleasant sitting by the pool, in the bar, by the waterfront and convenient for the shops, restaurants and city which was reached by free water taxi (literally 2 minutes). The room was very nice. Our experience of the staff was variable - front of house very good, but elsewhere they could be a bit distant. We paid for Wi-Fi in our room but it didn't connect, and it was difficult to connect in the free public areas also, which is a problem when you are on a business trip! We complained on leaving and the money was refunded without a fuss. Breakfast was a puzzle and we were never quite sure what was included and what wasn't (as in there was a menu, and some days we were offered eggs and some days not). We had one meal in the restaurant which was fine but overpriced.
I twice asked about a price list for the spa and was told one would be delivered to the room. It was not so they didn't get my business!
Overall I thought the hotel very nice and would happily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
Le Meridien Ile Maurice
#5 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort

Been to Le Suffren Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!