“I found it ok!”
Review of Monte Carlo Hotel

Monte Carlo Hotel
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Maputo
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed only one night between my travels and could not even try the dinner nor the breakfast. So, my impressions are only for the few hours I was awake. I appreciated the good service, both in the check in and out, the helpful staff and the information they insisted in giving me, even calling my room to make sure I had all the information. My room was in the top floor with a nice view to the bay (pity that the windows were not very clean). Although you can say a few things are old, the room was quite good, with TV and other amenities. The price is to the side of expensive. Would stay again.

Room Tip: I suppose the rooms have different sizes but I enjoyed mine on the third floor, with a wide view of...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed 5 nights here last week. I found the hotel was pretty good. Rooms were comfortable and clean - hot water always available, and the restaurant was good. Wi-Fi in the room was fine - although a little slow. A few downsides were that the restaurant is a bit small so it gets very full and very busy during breakfast. Also breakfast only starts at 7 a.m. so it's not much good if you have to make an early start. I don't like the TV being on continuously during breakfast but that's my personal preference. Whilst the reception was friendly and helpful I found it a bit annoying that the desk clerk always seemed to be on the phone - so if you wanted anything it always felt as though you were interrupting his calls! The major downside of course is the price - but I believe that all hotels in Maputo are expensive. I would say this was a good business hotel overall.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank PeterJB57
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have lost my tools,go to report,instead of this guys at management making efforts to trace my equipment,they are busy defending their hotel,am very sad with the management of this place,so if managers defend their thiefs,how will you solve the menace,very irritating.

Room Tip: choose rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Designed M
Reviewed 4 July 2013

The Hotel is expensive. But all hotels are quite expensive in Maputo. I pay US$ 150 per night -more that I paid in much nicer Hotel in Vienna couple weeks ago. The wifi is barely working. I had to ask twice for pillow case. TV with only few channels. Breakfast with only the basic, Staff a little bit rude. So, no good experience for that price.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in the ground floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank AldoMF
Reviewed 14 May 2013

How this hotel is rated 3 stars and can charge 1,000 rand a night is baffling to me. It is the worst place I've stayed (and I've even stayed in a backpackers in Maputo which was much cheaper, and nicer!) The staff are rude and the room was horrible. Halfway through my shower the hot water stopped, they claim they have wifi but it worked for about 30 minutes the entire time I was there, they put menus in the rooms but then claim they don't do room service (although that depends who you speak to, as they agreed one night but not the other!?) The staff were difficult and unresponsive. The menus in the room are apparently incorrect so they make you come to the restaurant downstairs.. and then still leave the incorrect menus in the rooms. What I ordered (fish stew with rice and tomato) ended up as fish, potatoes and carrots, and took an hour to arrive. All extreeeemely over-priced. Definitely not a relaxing place to stay and poor customer service. If anyone is thinking of staying here, I'd strongly advise to save your money and still probably stay somewhere much nicer. I'll be recommending to my company not to send anyone else to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank WrenUK S
Reviewed 1 March 2013

nice and clean room ,safe in hotel,swimming pool
i saw many many indian are staying in monte carlo .
we are requesting to hotel to start making asian food
taxi are there
pick up and drop from air port is good to passenger

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ahersr13
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I have stayed here for two trips one being 26 days and the recent a whooping 94 days and must admit that staying here is value for money. Moderately prices and nice lean airy rooms it is a dream to be in a place where there are no thefts and one can be sure that there will be no cheating or overcharging. Located close to the city hub there are many cars and tuktuks around or one can even walk. The cuisine is leaning to the Portuguese/Mozambican palate and with the number of Indian making a beeline to the hotel the management would be expected to add a couple of Asian dishes soon. What is only the sore point at the Hotel is that they have lately stopped serving alcohol!!!!!!!! Man in Mozambique it would seem the biggest sin where even gas stations sell booze. Stupid to say the least and hopefully the Ministry will rap them on the knuckles soon. A smallish pool to cool down and a terrace for coffee, a newly made conference room and 58 rooms the hotel is a decent 3 star accommodation suiting both short and long term travelers. Thumbs up to MC- Maputo !!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the staff quarters close to the house keeping area
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business