“Stay away” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Maputo
Antwerp, Belgium
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

The only thing which looks okay is the lobby. Going to my room, you notice the carpets which have to replaced urgently! The room I had was smelling like wet cardboard. The sheets on the bed had a colour that looked more like grey. The sink was leaking and they didn't manage to repair however I reported it more than once. The shower had a few moldy spots. Breakfast was poor quality. So, i should say: stay away from this place!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Italofreak

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Benoni, South Africa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights during my last business trip. The are busy renovating the Hotel currently. It might be a better plan too wait until they are finished before booking there.
I found the room quite a bit neglected. The service was also not up to standard, specifically the waiters at the restaurant. I got the feeling that they do not put the clients comfort first and foremost. Lacklustre service as if they are doing you a very big favour. One evening the one waiter on duty read the paper while he was suppose to assist the patrons.
If I can choose, I will not stay here again. Definitely not a Hotel for tourists. The fee was also quite high for the room and the services that they provide.

Room Tip: Rather wait for them to finish their renovations.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank HermanK449

Travellers are raving about these Maputo hotels

Nairobi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed only one night between my travels and could not even try the dinner nor the breakfast. So, my impressions are only for the few hours I was awake. I appreciated the good service, both in the check in and out, the helpful staff and the information they insisted in giving me, even calling my room to make sure I had all the information. My room was in the top floor with a nice view to the bay (pity that the windows were not very clean). Although you can say a few things are old, the room was quite good, with TV and other amenities. The price is to the side of expensive. Would stay again.

Room Tip: I suppose the rooms have different sizes but I enjoyed mine on the third floor, with a wide view of...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I stayed 5 nights here last week. I found the hotel was pretty good. Rooms were comfortable and clean - hot water always available, and the restaurant was good. Wi-Fi in the room was fine - although a little slow. A few downsides were that the restaurant is a bit small so it gets very full and very busy during breakfast. Also breakfast only starts at 7 a.m. so it's not much good if you have to make an early start. I don't like the TV being on continuously during breakfast but that's my personal preference. Whilst the reception was friendly and helpful I found it a bit annoying that the desk clerk always seemed to be on the phone - so if you wanted anything it always felt as though you were interrupting his calls! The major downside of course is the price - but I believe that all hotels in Maputo are expensive. I would say this was a good business hotel overall.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank PeterJB57
Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I have lost my tools,go to report,instead of this guys at management making efforts to trace my equipment,they are busy defending their hotel,am very sad with the management of this place,so if managers defend their thiefs,how will you solve the menace,very irritating.

Room Tip: choose rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Designed M
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

The Hotel is expensive. But all hotels are quite expensive in Maputo. I pay US$ 150 per night -more that I paid in much nicer Hotel in Vienna couple weeks ago. The wifi is barely working. I had to ask twice for pillow case. TV with only few channels. Breakfast with only the basic, Staff a little bit rude. So, no good experience for that price.

Room Tip: The best rooms are in the ground floor
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank AldoMF
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

How this hotel is rated 3 stars and can charge 1,000 rand a night is baffling to me. It is the worst place I've stayed (and I've even stayed in a backpackers in Maputo which was much cheaper, and nicer!) The staff are rude and the room was horrible. Halfway through my shower the hot water stopped, they claim they have wifi but it worked for about 30 minutes the entire time I was there, they put menus in the rooms but then claim they don't do room service (although that depends who you speak to, as they agreed one night but not the other!?) The staff were difficult and unresponsive. The menus in the room are apparently incorrect so they make you come to the restaurant downstairs.. and then still leave the incorrect menus in the rooms. What I ordered (fish stew with rice and tomato) ended up as fish, potatoes and carrots, and took an hour to arrive. All extreeeemely over-priced. Definitely not a relaxing place to stay and poor customer service. If anyone is thinking of staying here, I'd strongly advise to save your money and still probably stay somewhere much nicer. I'll be recommending to my company not to send anyone else to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business