Hotel Tivoli Maputo
US$75
  • Restaurant
US$180
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnearby mallbotanical gardensrooms are comfortabletrain stationplace to stayfree wifigymbusiness
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Basic hotel, with clean and nice rooms, good bathrooms and tv. No minibar.
Breakfast is ok.
Few common areas with few spaces to hang out, meet, or have a longer chat.

No internet service...

Average business hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Certainly not the best and over-priced! However, its clean and a place to sleep if you need one. The lift was not working when I stayed there. The rooms on the inside are terribly noisy all night long from the air conditioning and as they are built around a towering central open area. Otherwise it was comfortable enough. No fresh fruit for breakfast which I found odd considering fruit is wonderful in Mozambique. I don't think I would choose to stay there next time. No gym.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank spacestig
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised by how much the hotel had improved since last year. I have been back to Maputo several times since last year but always stayed at other hotels. The hotel has improved and I would say that it is now good value for money compared to other hotels in Maputo. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable and the bathroom has an good shower and is well lit. The breakfast is still somewhat limited when compared to other hotels, but for what you pay is okay. If you want a substantial breakfast use the money you have saved booking the hotel to go for a slap up breakfast in a café and don't ask for an espresso in the hotel as they charge for it now. The WiFi is also a lot better, but then it isn't free any more. The gym isn't ready yet, in fact you can't even get to it as its hidden behind a false wall on the stairway up from reception. Judging by the amount of building work still going on in the hotel, it will be a great hotel next year.

Room Tip: Rooms that end in a 7 are normally on the corners and can be slightly bigger. Rooms that end in 20 are smaller.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank crisbaxter
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I was erring between 3 and 4 stars on this one - I wouldn't call it very good by global standards, but compared to Maputo competition it is one of the better hotels. Recently renovated, the rooms are well equipped and clean (although, as is my experience of Mozambique in general, the deep cleaning and maintenance is a little slapdash, and they need to pay attention else it will become tatty before its time). The public areas are a little soul-less (i.e. the restaurant and bar) - and I didn't eat any meals other than breakfast at the restaurant, so I can't comment on it (breakfast was pretty good by Mozambican standards). Having to pay for wifi was a real letdown - and very unusual for Maputo. That said, I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I ended up here as my normal hotel was full and I was nicely surprised. Rooms are neat and reasonably well appointed. Comfortable and the wooden floors in the rooms give it a warm homely feel. Bathroom is small, but with everything you may need. The rain shower head is so relaxing at the end of a long day.
Dining room offs basic meals. Variety is limited, but well prepared.
Wifi is available, but should just be arranged with Reception. It is centrally located, which means you are within walking distance of both business and quite a number of restaurants and cafe's.
I've rated them good as I think it is great value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a street facing room if you want a view of the city.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business