All reviews equipped rooms double bed large room maerua mall bed and breakfast one night stay yogurt amenities couch taxi desk
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Not a great, not a horrible experience here--as a solo traveler, I did feel out of place at this guesthouse though--it's set up more for families with cars since there are no shops or restaurants near this place. The room was decent, and even had a bathtub, which I used. There is just a very odd vibe to this place--I just did not feel welcome or trusted here. Additionally, the taxi service that this place calls overcharges customers by a large sum--when I asked about it, I was told that this was a reputable taxi company and that you pay for quality--even though my taxi driver told me straight to my face that he hated Americans (yes, I'm American). All in all, I would not recommend this guesthouse--stay closer to town.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank TheGlobetrottingGuy
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your stay at JORDANI B & B.

I am pleased that you liked your room with its full bathroom. ALL our 5 spacious air-conditioned rooms with extra-long (hotel) quality beds have bathtub and shower.

Please accept my sincerest apologies if you felt *unwelcome or not trusted*? This is certainly NOT the type of feedback we like to receive and I am personally saddened to read your comment. My small team and I do our best to deliver a friendly professional service and we like our guest to feel *at home*. We have many repeat business and leisure guests and many of these repeat guests are solo travellers or couples.

I shall personally approach our contracted taxi company and communicate to their MD what one of their drivers said to you (totally unacceptable). I am truly sorry for any offence this driver caused you.

IMPORTANT.
JORDANI B & B is located in one of the most affluent suburbs of Windhoek with many large luxury homes. Only a pleasant 5-10 minute walk from our B & B is a small shopping centre with; Big store selling any/all necessary food and household provisions, service station (serving both diesel & petrol), pharmacy, Nando's, Pizzeria/Bar and ATM (to withdraw cash). Also, en-route from Jordani B & B to the shopping centre, is a leading and highly reputable private dental clinic.

Your support is much appreciated. Thank you.

PAM

Reviewed 18 April 2016

Arrived late at night yet check in very easy. Manager next day went above and beyond to help locate lost luggage (courtesy of Etihad check in Abu Dhabi). Service was immediate and exactly as required. Room was comfortable with large bathroom (but up 3 stairs). Poolside area very pleasant especially in the morning. Spent two nights with no problems.

Room tip: Large double room overlooking back deck / pool area looked the best.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your positive review on your recent stay and I am delighted that we satisfied all your needs.

Your support is much appreciated and please do come and stay again.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

I had chosen this place since it had so many good and positive reviews. I do agree that the staff is very friendly and helpful indeed, but after having stayed other places in town I had expected something different. The room felt dark and stuffy in a way and the fumes/smell from cooking in the kitchen was quite annoying.
Beds were comfortable so I slept well and breakfast was nice- good coffee from a modern machine and self service with a good choice of cheeses, ham etc and you could get hot breakfast aswell - eggs and bacon!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank torilda2016
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your positive review on your stay at JORDANI. I am pleased that you found our hotel standard quality beds comfortable, our Espresso machine good and our buffet breakfast delicious. Importantly, we place enormous importance on delivering a friendly service and I am pleased that we did not disappoint you.

Thank you for your further comment about the aromas of our cooked breakfast - we do have a powerful extractor in our kitchen and we will take additional measures to see how we can further reduce the aromas (as it is hot in Windhoek) we do leave the kitchen windows open...

Thank you for your support, it is highly valued.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Fairly easy to find, parking in front. Seven stairs down to reception, narrow corridor and 3 stairs up to the room. And in the room 3 stairs up to the bathroom. So not good for walking problems.--------------ø
The first I noticed is the poor locks on the door. With closer inspection of our lock (room 1) it is even damaged. I opened the locked door in 5-10 seconds from the outside with an old credit card. In other words - no security.
The room itself normal sized with cupboards with a tiny safe and a fridge prominently on the floor. And there is a split unit AC.
The bathroom is large, but with ONE hand towel for two persons and two tiny bathroom towels of mediocre quality. There is a tub and a shower. Hot water is supplied through a solar heating system backed up with electricity in overcast days. The exhaust fan is black because of dirt. The holder for soap etc is hanging by one point. The other screw is missing.
The double bed is in fact to single beds put together which is a good solution.
The view from the windows is straight into a wall on the other side of a path where people are passing directly in front of your window.
A small TV is hanging high on the wall slanting sideways. You need a good eyesight to read the texting.
The poolside looks lovely with a shaded area and one exposed area. The pool is of the dipping pool type, not swimming pool. There are quite a few deckchairs. But when trying to use them you could see that they are all covered in bird droppings. Not so delicate.
The breakfast was in nice small room with a generous supply of all you could wish for to breakfast. The second day not so generous. Trying to order an omelette was negative, but we could have boiled or fried eggs. The coffee machine was a blessing.
They assisted us in ordering take-away food and they kindly set a table for us at the pool side.
Definitely a negative thing is that when something was cooked in the kitchen our room was filled with a stank of burned oil.
One specific thing which I never have come across any other place, is the announcement that you have to check out before ten o'clock EXACTLY. If you are late you will be billed half a day's rent.
In spite of a friendly host this is a place I would not return to.

Room tip: Try to get a room with a bit of view
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank de-Savigny

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay which I have read with interest. Firstly, please accept my sincerest apologies that your expectations were not fully met. I am pleased that you found me to be friendly as my small team and I do our best to provide all our guests with a warm and friendly service.

The vast majority of our local (Namibian) and international guests find Jordani offers a relaxed environment with a homely feel. We place enormous importance on guest feedback and if your concerns were brought to my attention immediately, I would have done my best to rectify them, e.g. the towels in your bathroom.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE;
ROOM 1 where you stayed is in fact a TWIN ROOM equipped with 2 x large 3/4 hotel beds - ALL our room doors have manual locks and are virtually impossible to open if closed/locked with their relevant key properly. In all the years that we have operated JORDANI as a B & B, we have NEVER had a security issue or concern. Our property is fully secure and we have a security guard at night in situ.

I thank you for your support and I hope that my above response to your feedback provides you with additional positive insight into JORDANI.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

Nice and cosy B&B with a pool, very clean and equipped rooms (TV, safe, aircon etc..)
Breakfast is better than usual.
As a family run B&B they DO care of you. They thinking a step ahead how to help you to feel like at home and offer services of delivering food and booking the transfer etc.
Was a very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ELizaveta_23

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for providing my B & B with a maximum 5/5 score. This is the level of feedback that my small team and I aspire to. I am delighted that your expectations were met.

Please do come and stay with us again.

Best regards,