US$202
US$182
US$149
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

Olive Grove(Windhoek)
US$133
Hotel Pension Uhland(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$158
US$185
US$161
Priceline
Arebbusch Travel Lodge(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
US$99
  • Pool
Vineyard Country Bed & Breakfast(Windhoek)(Great Value!)
US$62
Orbitz.com
All reviewsequipped roomsdouble bedlarge roommaerua mallbed and breakfastone night stayyogurton arrivalcouchtaxidesk
Reviewed 11 November 2016

I found this B&B one of the best I've been to that I decided to come back again before my vacation in Namibia concluded. I was fortunate to have found this hotel last minute and it provided a wonderful introduction to Namibia. The staff were wonderful and very engaging to make sure my stay was perfect. I got lost after the 40 minute drive from the int'l airport but the staff were kind to provide precise directions to the lovely neighborhood of Olympia when I called them. The area is calm and beautiful; an advantage being that it's less than a 5 minute drive to the Maerua Mall if you want to catch a movie, stop by the super market or have a nice dinner. The bedroom and amenities made it feel like I was back home, especially if you get Room #2. Comfort is a theme at this hotel and I found it the best place to stay before and after my adventures in Sossusvlei. I look forward to coming back to Jordani B&B the next time I visit Windhoek.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting your highly positive review on our small B&B located in affluent Olympia, Windhoek. To receive the maximum 5/5 score makes all our efforts worthwhile and I am delighted that we satisfied your needs at the start of and end of your Namibia sojourn.

Your support is truly valued and we look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Namibia.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 September 2016

I stayed at Jordani for 2 nights and had a really nice stay. Went for a run around the area, got dinner a few streets away, and relaxed enjoying the TV and wifi. The breakfast was super (a good breakfast impresses me for sure....)
I used their recommended taxi service who Daniela contacted for me and they were great, to and from the airport. All good!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post your positive and maximum 5/5 review score on your stay at Jordani B&B. I am very pleased we met all your needs when staying with us and that you found our buffet breakfast *super*. Our objective is to provide a friendly service in a relaxed and comfortable environment and I am delighted that we achieved this.

PS. Our area has a few steep hills and I hope the terrain was challenging enough for you!

We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Windhoek. Your support is truly valued. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2016

I am a Namibian staying outside of Windhoek and have to go to Windhoek from time to time. I loves to stay at this B&B which caters for work as well as family get aways in Windhoek, it truly gives you that comfort stay feeling. The excellent service from the owner Pam make you feel "home away from home' and it is indeed excellent value for money. Rooms are well designed and spacious.
To sit on the stoep enjoying Namibian beer whilst working on my laptop/free wifi is wonderful. Let me not forget to mention the lekker breakfast and the fireplace in the corner creating a nice cosy atmosphere. I will continue to go there over and over again.

Room Tip: Great rooms..especially the family rooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking your time to post your highly favourable 5/5 review on your stay/s at Jordani B&B. I am delighted that all your needs were satisfied when staying with us and that you find my "service excellent" - I could not wish for a better comment!

Our ultimate objective is to provide a nice friendly service in an establishment that will encourage our valued guests to return.

We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Windhoek. Your repeat business is truly valued. Thank you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2016

We were greeted by welcoming smiles and a cold drink. Our room was very comfortable and all amenities were there. As with most places we visited in Namibia the drought is taking its toll on the gardens, but everywhere its been clean and pleasant, here too. Staff was friendly and helpful. Beautiful bird sounds from the visible river bed and trees in the back, simply complimented the end of our trip and my sun downer.

Free Wifi and satelite tv kept me entertained.

Breakfast had a good cold selection and hot breakfast from the kitchen, good quality coffee always gives me my needed buzz.

A shuttle was arranged for us and all was transparent and well organised.

In summary a really nice little family run place, when in Namibia again we shall surely return.

Room Tip: room 2 best space with huge bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and effort to post your positive review on your stay at Jordani B&B. I am pleased that we satisfied all your various needs and importantly, we provided you with our usual friendly efficient service. PS. I am glad you liked your sundowner and our coffee. We use the best Italian Lavazza coffee beans for our professional coffee machine.

We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Namibia. Your support is valued.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2016

TheGlobetrottingGuy's review (below) is a pretty good indicator of Jordani B&B. We were travelling as a group and had a terrible experience here. The others I was travelling with will write their own reviews, so I will stick to my experience and only mention a few of the negative moments my fellow travellers faced.

Firstly, in order to provide a fair review, I will mention the positives. The biggest positive of this place are two of their employees - Diana who cleaned the rooms was very efficient and kept rooms tidy. Daniela who sometimes worked at the reception was also very helpful. The rooms were clean, of a decent size and there was hot water in the shower. The rooms also have a/c's / heaters, but we did not test these out due to the overall pleasant temperature. The property benefits from free parking for guests and seems secure, as it has an eclectic gate and a security guard at night.

There were a few minor problems with the rooms. The bathtubs in two of the rooms leaked from the bottom onto the floor. This was not too much of an issue in one of the rooms, as it had a separate shower, but in the other, the shower was over the tub. We were provided with a mop and bucket to mop up any water that leaked out of the tub.

The rooms had sufficient tea and coffee facilities, but the milk provided expired in March 2016, five months before we arrived. We pointed this out to the staff who promptly provided us with unexpired milk. Further, we noticed that the sachets of ketchup provided at breakfast had expired in May 2015 - some 15 months before we stayed at the hotel!!! This was rather concerning, but the next morning, the sachets had been removed and a bottle of ketchup replaced them. The breakfast is advertised on their website as "all you can eat", but the buffet aspect is limited to the cereal, cold cuts, toast, jam and cheese. Your cooked breakfast is made fresh, but is limited to two small pieces of bacon and two eggs, either fried or scrambled. Nevertheless, the breakfast was quite good.

The pool was unusable during our stay (photo attached), so I am unable to review it.

As TheGlobetrottingGuy points out, this B&B is quite far away from the centre of town and is best suited for visitors with cars. The response he received was that the B&B is " is located in one of the most affluent suburbs of Windhoek with many large luxury homes ". However, unless the purpose of your trip to Namibia is to examine and appreciate these "large luxury homes" the reality is that you will be spending quite a bit of money on taxi fares to and from the city centre or restaurants, especially if you are going out after sunset.

Now for the reason I will never visit Jordani again, and why I (together with those who travelled with me) would strongly recommend against using Jordani. The reason is the unacceptable attitude of the manager (also possibly a co-owner, depending on who you talk to), who I believe is called Pam, who is immensely rude and quite happy to extract as much money from customers as possible. When we got to Jordani, we were at the reception attempting to sort out our rooms. I was attempting to talk to Pam, who must have been doing something else, as she snapped loudly saying "wait till I finish"! No "please bear with me" or "sorry I'm busy, I'll be with you soon", but a loud shout, not dissimilar to a teacher shouting at a naughty student. Customer care (or even a smile) did not appear to be necessary at Jordani.

After settling in, we asked at reception if a restaurant in the city could be booked for us for dinner. Pam jumped up and did it promptly. As I thanked her and was walking away, she shouted "that will be $5 for the telephone call". Now I have stayed at many guest houses in several countries, including Namibia, but this is the first time I was asked to pay the reception of one for them making a restaurant booking. The place we stayed at in Swakopmund booked restaurants for us every night, upon request, and our guide happily booked places using his mobile phone, when we were elsewhere. Pam did not mention this 'charge' prior to making the phone call, to give me an opportunity to refuse. Charging a customer $5 to book a restaurant is ludicrous, especially if this was not mentioned to the customer previously. One of my friends later asked the reception for a piece of paper and was informed by Pam that it would cost her $2. She promptly refused and walked away. To me, it seemed that if you were drowning in the Jordani pool (if it was ever usable), you would first have to toss Pam your wallet with a sufficient amount of money in it, before she threw you a life ring.

The final straw was when one of our party asked for some laundry to be done. The cost of this was$300, double the price that was charged at our guest house in Swakopmund. This itself was not the issue and clothes were provided for washing. Later that evening, Pam 'summoned' the lady to inform her that the clothes were over 10kg and she would be charged an extra $170 for the washing - that is a total of $470!!! No one was informed prior to washing that the clothes were over 10kg and no opportunity was provided to amend the clothes list. Further, this figure of an extra $170 was plucked out of thin air as the laundry form did not mention it and neither did Pam, before the clothes were washed. The lady travelling with us was highly taken aback and asked if the clothes could be weighed in her presence. The response she received from Pam was that "the owner has left and taken the weighing scales with him". This was beyond a joke - the owner was highly unlikely to have taken a set of scales with him where ever he went and Pam was insisting on payment without in fact proving the weight of the clothes. When this was pointed out to her, she became very rude and nasty and said that Jordani provided a service beyond what was normally expected (probably the funniest joke I heard during my entire trip). When we measured the weight of the clothes using our luggage scale, the excess weight was 30 grams! $170 for 30 grams, with no opportunity to amend the clothes list! Let that sink in for a moment.

After the laundry incident, Pam was continuously nasty to the group of us, to the extent that we felt uncomfortable in leaving the rooms. Spitefully, the wireless was turned off when she left in the evening, so that the entire B&B did not have internet until Daniela returned the following morning to fix it (photo attached). We heard another guest complaining about this the next day as well.

The owner (or other co-owner, depending on who you speak to) is Mr. Grunewald, who appeared pleasant, but for the most part was absent. He appears to leave the day-to-day running of the place to Pam, but am not sure if he is aware of the numerous 'extra charges' levied by her. He was not present on our final day, otherwise we would have spoken to him. As a matter-of-fact, Pam stayed away until we left on the final day as well.

Our experience in Jordani nearly ruined our trip to this wonderful country, where everyone else we met was so friendly and kind. Given the unacceptable attitude of the manager, the hidden charges and distance from the city centre, I would recommend against staying here. If budget is your concern, it may be worth trying other guesthouses (such as Caotinha, AnJo Villas, Pension Steiner or Hilltop), which are likely to be more welcoming and more central.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
10  Thank Gooner3313
LNHGM, Owner at Jordani B&B Windhoek, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post your feedback on your and your group's stay at my long established and reputable B&B. From your lengthy, detailed and specific review, I have identified that you were part of a group that stayed at my B&B twice: at the start and end of your Namibia sojourn. I am pleased that you found my staff members efficient and friendly and that our rooms were clean, of a decent size and there was hot water.

FOR THE RECORD: All our prices are in N$ Namibia Dollars (not $). Our rack rates and what is included are clearly advertised on our website, major online platforms and our site's booking engine (Nightsbridge): Bed, breakfast, all taxes and unlimited Wi-Fi. In all our rooms, we also have a Room Info. folder with: Check-in/Check-out times, satellite TV channels, remote controlled aircon/heater instructions, business services and other. Our laundry prices (per item & bulk+) is in your room cupboard with laundry bag/s. We also offer complimentary pool towels, tea/coffee in the room and bathroom toiletries. All our en-suites offer full bath with overhead shower and/or shower cubicle. Importantly, all our beds are extra-wide and extra-long and are of a quality hotel standard.

BREAKFAST: On our site, we clearly state that "A good selection of hot and cold foods is served at breakfast". Besides our cold foods buffet, we always ask our guest/s if they would also like hot food. We offer; fried, boiled and/or scrambled eggs with toast. We also offer unlimited and excellent fresh Italian Lavazza espresso coffee, normal coffee and a range of teas.

Wi-Fi & Connectivity
We clearly advertise free Wi-Fi (unlimited) and this is a valuable *extra* for our guests. However, we are at the mercy of Namibia Telecom and it can happen, as you experienced, that we have a breakdown in signal. This is not uncommon for Windhoek or indeed, Namibia. The system then requires complete re-booting and even then this does not sometimes work. Namibia does not have the fantastic high-speed and large bandwidth broadband that the more developed countries of say the UK, Scandinavia or Japan have.

Location
Our website clearly states that we are located in the affluent suburb of Olympia and a 5 minute drive from Maerua Mall, one of Namibia's best shopping malls. We also mention that we are only a 5-10 minute leisurely walk from our own local Olympia shopping centre with; Nando's, Pizzeria/Bar (well frequented), large supermarket, pharmacy, petrol station as well as private dental practice.

Windhoek's acute water shortage
Due to the acute water shortage experienced in Windhoek for some months now, we are forced by local by-laws to cover our swimming pool to save water.

Service delivery
I place enormous importance on delivering a professional and efficient service whilst providing my valued guest/s with a value for money product. Our B&B has established an excellent reputation over the years and this is clearly endorsed by our many local, regional (South African) and international repeat guests.

Rudeness
Lastly, your review mentions that I was rude towards you and your group. This truly disappoints me. You may recall that your group leader, entered our (closed-off) professional kitchen without due authorisation and started using sharp cutlery and our food items. He completely ignored our clearly visible *Authorised Entry Only* signage (on the closed door) and my staff member Daniella had to ask him to leave. Not only did the gentleman totally ignore and abuse our B&B’s rules but also the official Health & Safety Regulations set down by the Namibian authorities. Due to his attitude and arrogance, I felt threatened. This type of incident has never happened at my B&B before and I was shocked by his demeanour.

I thank you for your feedback and support and for allowing me the opportunity to provide a detailed overview of how my reputable B&B operates.

Regards,